- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
So this chapter starts from Pam perspective. This chapter is alot longer than the first two. I really liked writing this chapter.
Pam:

‘Well I better go. Drive safely, love you and miss ya lots’

‘Love you too; see you in a couple of hours.’

Pam closed her phone and kept packing her overnight bag. She stopped and picked up the pregnancy test she used earlier that was sitting on her bed side table.

‘Positive’

She had the symptoms of being pregnant, one week late, fatigue and sick every morning, but she didn’t think of it as being pregnant, just the late nights and not so healthy food eating caught up with her.

Until it clicked that she and Jim forgot to get protection that one time three weeks ago and maybe she might be pregnant. She quickly went down to the local store, but only bought one.

Ten minutes later she was in her bathroom starring down at the positive test sitting in front of her.

She wanted to call Jim up straight away and tell him the wonderful news, but just in case it was a false test, she would go to the store later, try again and if it was positive tell Jim that night.
It would be perfect she thought.

Pam put the first test in a zip lock bag and placed in her handbag (just in case)

She zipped up the overnight bag, grabbed her keys and handbag and got in her car. She made her way down to the mall as it had pharmacy and a toilet.

‘Positive’

She threw that test in the bin as it had done its duty and hit the road again. Pam couldn’t stop smiling; she was going to have a baby, with Jim too. This day couldn’t be any more perfect.

Pam arrived in Scranton a little earlier than she inspected, maybe she’ll surprise Jim and still find him cooking in the kitchen.

Pam stopped at a red light at a very busy intersection; she wondered why so many people were on the road tonight.

Pam put her head on the head rest and her hand on her stomach, she kept thinking on how she’ll tell Jim, as soon as she arrives or later in the evening, maybe even spontaneously.

Suddenly Pam was jolted forward, she hit her head on the side window and then everything went black.


Jim rushed through the doors of Moses Taylor Hospital and went straight up to reception.

‘Can I help you’ the nurse asked Jim

‘Yeah, um my fiancé was brought here after she was in a car accident, where is she, can I see her, will she be okay?’
Jim was so short of breath he felt like he was about to faint.

‘Yes and what is her name?’

‘Beesly, Pam Beesly’

‘Okay sir, if you can sit over there in the waiting room, I will have a doctor come out to talk with you’

‘Please can you just tell me if she’s okay or not?’

‘I’m sorry sir, I am not allowed to do that and I’ll bring out a doctor to see you’

The nurse took Jim over to a seat and told him she’ll be back soon with Pam’s doctor. But Jim didn’t really want to sit; he just wanted to make sure that Pam was alright.

The nurse was back with a middle aged male Doctor, as he started to approach Jim his heart started to race, he couldn’t bear to lose Pam, not now, not after they just got engaged, about to start their lives together.

‘Mr Halpert is it? I’m Doctor Percy, Pam’s Doctor this evening’

‘Yes, Jim that’s me, is Pam alright? Please tell me she’s okay’

‘Well Mr Halpert considering Pam was hit by two moving vehicles, she hasn’t suffered to badly and I think her car got most of the damage. Now she had internal bleeding in her spleen, but she is in surgery as we speak getting that fixed and it’s a pretty successful procedure, so don’t worry too much.
She also had a couple of broken ribs which were putting alot of pressure on her lungs, but that’s all fix up now too and she’ll need some stitches for her head wound.’

‘Oh thank you so much’ Jim give Dr Percy a light hug

‘Oh and also, I am so sorry but because the foetus was so young and small, it did receive alot of impact from the crash and Pam did have a miscarriage, I am truly so sorry.

Pam was pregnant? Jim couldn’t believe this, why didn’t she tell him? Did she even know?

‘Um how old was the umm, foetus thing?’ Jim ask one of the many questions running through his head

‘Well it says on my chart that it was around three weeks old, again I’m truly sorry.’

‘Thanks, um when will Pam be out of surgery?’

‘Actually, she should be out now, I can take you to her room if you like to wait for her there?’

‘Oh yes please’ the doctor lead Jim to Pam’s room.

She was already there, but she was still unconscious from the surgery
Jim went in and pulled a chair up next to Pam and held her hand all night.



In the Morning:

Pam had just had a nice and very long sleep and was starting to wake up. She opened her eyes and started to freak out; she sat up slowly feeling a great deal of pain coming from her lower abdomen and chest area then she saw Jim’s head resting near her legs fast asleep.

‘Jim!’ Pam nudged Jim, but still no response. ‘JIM!’

‘What? Who’s that? I’m awake!’ Jim rubbed the sleep out of his eyes

‘How are you feeling babe?’ Jim asked Pam

Pam got a real good look at Jim now and her first question was:
‘Why are you wearing a tuxedo to a hospital?’

‘Oh! This, yeah well I was wearing this for last night and I had no time to change. So are you sore at all?’

‘Yeah a little, was I in an accident? All I can remember is sitting at a red light, them being pushed forward and hitting my head.’

‘Yeah the police are still figuring out what happen, but from what the doctor said you were hit my two moving cars.’

‘Wow and so what are my injuries?’ Pam asked

‘Well you had some surgery for internal bleeding in the spleen, broken ribs and stitches.’ Jim left out the part about the miscarriage

‘Oh good’ Pam was so relieved, then she remembered the good news from yesterday

‘Jim, I have something to tell you! (Pam started getting really excited, but Jim knew it was that she thought she was pregnant.) Okay so yesterday’ but Jim interrupted

‘Pam wait. *sigh* There is something else, (Jim paused for a sec) you also had a miscarriage, babe I’m so sorry. The impact from the crash was too much for it, I’m sorry.’

Tears started forming in Pam’s eye

‘Hey, hey, hey it’s okay’ Jim sat up on Pam’s bed and held her in his arms.

She started crying onto Jim’s shoulder.

‘I’m so sorry Jim, when I found out yesterday I wanted to surprise you, make it special. I’m so sorry, I’ve let you down.’

‘Pam, you have not let me down, this wasn’t your fault and I understand you wanting it to be a surprise. I love you, never ever forget that. Okay? You could never let me down.’

Pam nodded while still crying.


Pam had fallen asleep again and Jim found this to be he’s opportunity to call work and tell them he won’t be in for a couple of days and Pam’s school to tell them what has happened. Jim gently put down Pam off his shoulder onto a pillow and left the room.

Dwight did not like the fact that Jim won’t be coming in, but when Jim explained what had happened and the current state of Pam’s condition, he finally gave in (not that he had any input in the first place). Pam’s school were also very understanding of her situation.


When Jim came back up to Pam’s room with a sandwich and juice from the cafe down stairs he noticed she had her hand resting on her stomach in a protective-motherly way. This made Jim’s heart ache.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans