- Text Size +
Wednesday:

Pam was released from hospital a week later and told to take it easy for awhile. This meant she wasn’t able to go back to New York and finish her program, which did make her sad, but there wasn’t a point going back for a week and being in pain the whole time.

Jim took Pam back to his house, just until she was fully recovered.

He put Pam’s bags down on his bed and started to unpack for her.
The police had found the bags Pam was travelling with and gave them back to her while she was still in hospital.

Pam was leaning on the doorway of his room and admiring how sexy he was unpacking her lingerie.

‘Hey Jim, can you get me my phone please? I want to ask Mitchell from one of my classes if I missed anything good.’

‘Yeah sure babe, where is it?’

‘Umm, in my handbag I think’

Pam had completely forgotten about the pregnancy test that was in her bag.

Jim opened her bag, he started looking through it for her phone, but instead he came across something different.

‘What’s wrong babe?’ Pam questioned Jim

At that moment Pam realised why Jim looked like he’s heart had just shattered.

‘Oh yeah, well I was going to show you that last week, sorry.’

Pam went over and took it out of Jim’s hand and through it in the bin.

Jim was actually amazed at how well Pam was handling this. She had been on the phone to Mitchell for half an hour and didn’t seem sad at all. Jim didn’t even know it existed and he still is a little sad about it.



Saturday:

Jim was sitting at the kitchen table off at another universe when Pam walked in.

‘So what’s for dinner? Do you want me to make it or you?’

‘Oh, um yeah I can make it, don’t worry’ Jim replied

‘Okay cool, hey (Pam sat down next to Jim) I was thinking about going back to work on Monday, let Ryan have a break from answering phones, what do ya think?’

‘You should really stay home and rest, the doctor told you to take a couple of weeks off to recover.’

‘*sigh* Jim I’m just going to go crazy sitting around here all day and it’s not like sitting down and answering phones is really going strain my recovery.’

Jim stood up from his seat.

‘How can you be dealing so well with this Pam? I mean you lost a baby, a baby! You know you’re allowed to be sad about it!’

Jim was angry at how well Pam had totally forgotten about having a miscarriage.

Now Pam stood up

‘I don’t want to talk about this; I’m going to call Michael to tell him I'm coming back on Monday.’

Pam started to leave the room but Jim wasn’t finished.

‘No Pam, we are going to talk about it. How can you be okay? Some women take months to get over something like this, but not you! You threw away that pregnancy test so fast with absolutely no emotion! And now you want to go back to work. Seriously what is wrong with you?!’

Jim couldn’t believe he just yelled at Pam like that, he had never gotten so worked up about something like this before.

Pam was stunned too. Tears formed in her eyes and the anger just bled right out of her. Now it was her time to yell.

‘I’m not okay with it. Every day when you left for work at the hospital and here I have immediately burst into tears and I don’t stop until the minute you get come back to me. I loved this baby with all my heart and to be honest I don’t want to try for another baby or even have one because that baby was mine, it was mine and that stupid drunk driver who hit me, took it away. I try to be strong around you because I don’t want you to see me get all depressed over a 3 week old foetus and the explanation on why I want to go back to work is I want a reason to stop crying and just get over the stupid and unfair depressed state I’m in. So there, that is what is wrong with me.’

Jim felt so terrible that he yelled at Pam for just trying to be strong, he got up and tried to give her a hug but she pulled away.

‘No, don’t try and hug me. I’m going back to my place and you better not follow me. I don’t want to see you anymore.’

Pam grabbed her handbag and started to walk out the front door.

‘Wait! No Pam, please don’t leave. I love you so much and I can’t believe I even yelled at you, I seriously didn’t mean anything that I said before. Please don’t leave.’

Pam’s was out the door, but because she didn’t have a car to drive home with she called cab.

‘Keep the change’ Pam handed the cab driver a 50 dollar note, even though it was a little generous she didn’t have anything else.

She let herself inside and immediately burst into tears. Got into bed and cried herself to sleep.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans