- Text Size +
Monday:

Jim tried to call Pam but she wouldn’t answer his calls or texts.

He got ready for work on the off chance that Pam did too. When he arrived at work there were streamers, balloons and a huge banner saying ‘Welcome Back Pam!’ Michael ran out of his office thinking it was Pam.

‘Oh Pam, I missed you so mu-. Then he realised it was Jim

‘Oh hey Jim, did you hear Pam is coming back today, well of course you know, you’re her fiancé!’

‘Listen Michael, I don’t think she wi-‘
‘Paaaammmm!’

Michael interrupted because he saw Pam walk through the door.
She was in her running clothes and was sweaty all over.

‘Thank god your back Pam.’

‘Wow Michael, this is, wow.’

Pam was looking at the over the top decorated office.

Everyone started to crowd around Pam and Michael, welcoming her back.

‘Do you like? Decorated it myself, Angela was doing a crappy job as the head of your welcome back party.’

‘Hey!’ Angela interjected

‘So how was New York? Jim told us about your accident, are you all better now?’ Phyllis ask

‘Good, New York was good. I actually went back yesterday to get all my stuff.’

Pam replied, not wanting to talk about the accident

‘How did you get there? You have no car?’ Jim asked making Pam a little surprised

‘My mum drove me’ not wanting to talk with him she made a short and quick answer.

‘Why are you so sweaty? Kevin asked

“I ran here Kevin and if you don’t mind I’m going to get changed in the bathroom before I start work.’

Pam took her backpack off and walked straight past Jim without making any eye contact with him and people noticed.



Jim was waiting outside the woman’s bathroom for Pam. Pam opened the door and saw Jim, but it was too late to turn back.

‘Why did you run here? You know you’re supposed to be resting.’ Jim asked

‘Well if you must know, I was running to release anger, just get out of my way Jim.’

Pam tried to get past Jim but he stopped her.

‘Pam I just care about you and don’t want to see you hurt plea-(Jim looked down at Pam’s hand and saw she didn’t have her engagement ring on) Why don’t you have your ring on Pam?’

‘Look Jim, let’s just try to civil in the workplace, I don’t want any drama. No can you please let me get back to my desk.’

Jim stepped out of the way, how could he have blown up this wonderful relationship he had with Pam. He loved her and wanted to spend the rest of his life with her, but she didn’t.

Jim went back to his desk and begged he could make it through the day.

At 5 o’clock Pam had already changed back into her running clothes and left. Jim didn’t want to leave, he hated going home to an empty house and now that he and Pam had broken up, he really dreaded going home.
Michael stayed late too, if Holly was still in the office, so was he.
Holly left at six and Michael soon followed.

He saw Jim still at his desk and went up to him.

‘Jimbo, why are you still here? Pam left an hour ago?’

‘Paperwork I have to finish.’ He lied

‘Is something up with you and Pam? You guys didn’t seem so friendly today?’

‘Well no, not really. Well we kinda had a fight that’s all’

Michael was the last person he wanted to talk to about this.

‘It must have been a pretty big fight, I noticed she didn’t have her ring on. Did she lose it? Is that why you’re fighting?’

‘No Michael. Can we stop talking about this?’

‘Jim you know you can talk to me about this. I love you and Pam and I especially love it when you’re together, it’s like a mega sandwich!’

‘Thanks Michael’

Jim still had his head down

Michael grabbed Dwight’s chair and sat next to Jim.

‘Jim talk, let me help you.’

‘Okay well don’t tell anyone this, please swear on it.’

‘Swear on it, stick a needle in my eye.’

‘Pam was pregnant before her accident.’

‘OMG Jimmy, you’re going to be a daddy!’

‘No Michael, was, Pam was pregnant. She had a miscarriage in the car accident.’

‘Oh man I’m so sorry.’

Michael patted Jim on the back

‘When I took her home I felt like she had completely forgotten that she had a miscarriage and I questioned her on it and we got in a stupid fight, a pretty big one too. So she kind of left me.’

‘Jim I’m going to tell you something and I never, ever want to repeat myself again. Do you remember the conversation we had on the booze cruise a couple of years ago?’

‘Yeah, a little’

‘Never, ever give up and from what I’m listening to now, you are giving up and from a stupid fight. Now get your big hairy butt off this chair and go get your girl.’

‘Thanks Michael’

‘Now Jim, before you lose her for good!’

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans