- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Only my second story ever written. Hope you like what I'm posting. Reviews would be nice.
All I Gotta Do is Dream

Jim Halpert had a very vivid imagination. And it always seemed to find it’s way into his dreams. From an early age, he always had these colorful, realistic dreams. He was usually quite rested after waking in the morning and could remember what he had been dreaming, but the problem with vivid dreams is that when things don’t go so well, the result was a very vivid nightmare. Luckily, those were few and far between.

Once he had started working at Dunder Mifflin, his dreams had really kicked into high gear. Not only in their frequency, but also in their ‘content’. Once he had started falling for the beautiful, shy receptionist, she had begun to inhabit quite a few of his dreams (not to mention waking moments).

The dreams had started out innocently enough. She had started to appear in his dreams where she didn’t belong at all. Those were so odd when they first started happening. Like the time when she was sitting in his grocery cart in the frozen food isle… or when she was standing in the corner of his parent’s kitchen during Thanksgiving, holding a sheet of paper that said, “Dwight loves you”.

He never said anything to Pam about those dreams. I guess you just don’t tell an engaged woman that you dream about her. That was creepy.

However, that didn’t stop his imagination from getting a little out of control once he nodded off for the night. On more than a few occasions, his imagination had kicked into high gear. All the way. After Pam had left his house after his barbeque party, and after he had seen her sitting on his bed… that night he dreamed of doing what his subconscious had really wanted to do. What HE had really wanted to do.

When he saw her at work on Monday, he could not look her in the eye at first. He had remembered everything from the dream and was quite embarrassed. He kept focused on his computer screen and only after a few hours had passed could he steal a glance in her direction at the receptionist’s desk. Then he couldn’t keep his eyes off her at all. That was one of the first dreams he had had about Pam where it was so real that he had actually had a ‘midnight mistake’. That hadn’t happened since early high school.

Whenever she smiled at him a certain way, or touched his arm or they brushed against each other, she was bound to show up in his dreams that night. It was as she was burrowed into his brain and subconscious. He was a goner for her and he knew it.

===
Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans