- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
yeah, you know what this chapter's about ;)

After sorting through and writing down all the after-hours messages, Pam replaced the phone receiver and turned in her seat, her eyes instantly going to Jim. She watched him for a moment, engrossed in some paperwork, and felt her cheeks burn just a little as her mind flashed back to last night. Maybe he would be able to continue this "secret dating" thing, but as far as she was concerned the jig was up. How was she going to be able to hide this now, now that she knew what it was like? Now that she has felt his weight on her, has run her fingertips across the smooth skin of his back, has heard him softly call out her name as he buried his face in her neck, their breath heavy and their hearts pounding. How was she going to be able to tell the cameras when they return that she's single when she's now woken up with him by her side, his hair sticking up everywhere and his eyes heavy lidded as he murmured "Morning" and pulled her face to his for the first kiss of the day.

Jim lifted his head, and snapped it over to Pam before busting out one of his trademarked goofy faces. Pam smiled back brightly, then noticed a figure coming up on her right.

"Good Morning Kevin," Pam said, doing her best to sound normal.

Kevin looked at Jim, then back at Pam, then back to Jim.

"Can I do anything for you, Kevin?" Pam asked, trying to hide her annoyance.

"Yeah, corporate is supposed to send us a fax today," Kevin said.

"I have it right here," Pam said, quickly handing the paper to him.

"You're in a good mood today," Kevin said, eyebrow raised in suspicion.

"Yeah, I had a good breakfast." Pam instantly regretted saying that since she was now recalling cooking eggs this morning and Jim coming up behind her to wrap his arms around her middle and kiss her neck, his hair still damp from his shower.

"Oh," Kevin said, "did Jim have a good breakfast too?"

"I don't know, you'll have to ask him," Pam said.

"Oh do I?" Kevin said in an accusatory tone.

"Do you need anything else?" Pam asked politely.

Kevin looked at Jim, who was on the phone with a client, then back at Pam. "No," he said defeated before lumbering back to accounting.

When Jim was finished with his call, he walked up to Pam's desk and handed her some order forms. "Can we fax these to distribution?" he said.

Pam nodded, her eyes falling on a neon-pink sticky note on the forms. "BTW, I had an amazing breakfast," it read in his handwriting. She looked back up, seeing he was lingering at her desk waiting for her reaction. She pursed her lips, knowing her cheeks were as pink as the sticky note, and he smiled smugly before turning back to his desk.

Pam quickly grabbed the note and shoved it into her purse, brainstorming how she was going to get back at him. The phone rang and Pam sighed when she saw it was Michael.

"Yes Michael?"

"Can you come in here, I have something very important to discuss with you," Michael said.

"What is it about?" Pam said sternly.

"Nothing, I just need to discuss ... important Jan issues," Michael said. "In the bedroom," he added after a moment of Pam not replying.

Pam took a breath, ready to scold Michael when she looked to Jim. She turned in her seat so Jim wouldn't see her smirk. "I'm busy right now, but I think Jim would be happy to discuss that with you," she said in a low tone.

She hung up and tried not to giggle as Michael walked to his office door, "Hey, Jimmy, can you come in here for a minute?"

Jim grimaced at Pam before standing up, For some reason Michael has been calling him "Jimmy" all summer and he hated it. She kept her eye on Michael's office window, grinning widely when Jim found an excuse to turn around in his chair, shooting her a glare and slightly shaking his head.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans