- Text Size +
Karen

This isn't when she lost him, tears in their eyes by a Manhattan fountain.

Nor did she lose him at the beach.

Nor during their numerous talks.

Nor when he lied, then confessed to having feelings.

Truth is she lost him long before they ever met.

She lost him because she never really had him.

 

Jim

He should see his future here, he thinks as they stand by a fountain. He should see corporate ladder climbing, swanky Manhattan dates, a cozy Brooklyn apartment.

But instead he sees a curly haired girl who likes to draw. Who simply wishes he would come back. To her, to himself.

He's going to go home.

 

Pam

She twists a curl around her finger and jumps when the doorbell rings.

He stands in her doorway with a flower bouquet and a smile she hasn't seen for a year.

"It's okay, I'm totally fine," she fibbed to the cameras earlier.

But when he takes her hand, she really is fine.

They're finally starting.

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading my short little story here! Please review if you are so inclined!


NobleLandMermaid is the author of 22 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked When He Found Her / When She Lost Him also liked 1436 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans