- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Pam's parents show up. 

Pam’s parents pull into Jim’s driveway closer to 3:00PM. At this point, Pam is changed back into her dress from the night before. She looks nervous, as she shuffles to the door, slipping back on her heels. Jim hangs back a little, not wanting to overstep. Pam opens the door to reveal her mother, Helene Beesly, looking a little worse for the wear. They embrace, and Jim feels like he’s intruding on something private. When they break apart, Jim forces himself to step forward.

“Hi, Mrs. Beesly. I’m Jim. It’s nice to finally meet you.” He reaches out his hand for her to shake. She steps into the house to take it delicately.

“Helene. It’s nice to meet you too, Jim, but I wish it was under better circumstances.”

Jim doesn’t exactly know how he’s supposed to read that. Helene looks like she hasn’t slept all night, and he can’t tell whether she’s more upset that her daughter’s upset or that her daughter just called off her wedding to Roy. He tries not to think about it, nodding at Helene like an idiot.

Pam turns to her mom. “Mom, where’s dad?”

“Daddy is in the car. We want to get going as quickly as possible, so make sure you have everything.”

“Um, I think I do, right?” Pam turns to Jim questioningly.

“Uh, let’s see. You’ve got your phone? I think that’s everything, unless you want to take your new contacts case and toothbrush and everything with you.”

“Um, no thanks. It was really sweet of you to buy them for me, though.”

“Not at all a problem. Okay, so I don’t want to hold you guys up, but Pam – Anything you need, I’m just a phone call away. I’ll see you Monday?”

“See you.” Pam hugs him softly.

And just like that, Jim is alone in his house again. 

Chapter End Notes:
Stay tuned!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans