- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
It's a date!

Jim flips closed his cell phone, heart trying to escape from his chest. Holy fucking shit. He was just as clear with her as he could ever be. This was a date. With Pam. This is all he’s ever wanted since literally the moment he saw her. And now there aren’t any major obstacles standing in their way. He has to get ready. Where should he take her? What should he wear? Okay, first thing’s first. Another shower. Then he’s gonna brush his teeth, shave, and start coming up with a game plan.

The shower manages to clear his head, and when he emerges he has a pretty good idea of how he wants this to go. Pam had sent him the hotel’s address, so all he needs to do is drive over, pick her up, and take her to the Glider. He realizes a diner isn’t the most romantic place in the world, especially for a first date, but he wants Pam to feel at ease, and he wants a place where they can talk. They have a lot they have to work through, but for the first time in a long time, he feels like they’ll be able to work through it all together. He throws on some jeans, sneakers, and his favorite button down and sweater. He checks his watch. It’s close to 4:00PM, but he wants to make sure he has time to pick up some flowers for Pam. Specifically, daises, which he happens to know are her favorite. He drives with a sense of purpose. What an amazing weekend this has been so far. He can only hope it will get better. If things progress the way he wants them to, he’ll have to take Michael out to dinner as a thank you. Who would have thought that Michael Scott would have sound advice, advice he would actually follow, advice that would actually work?

Flowers now securely in the passenger seat of his car, along with a note that reads, “Some daisies for my Beesly,” he drives in the general direction of the Holiday Inn Express where Pam is staying. He knows he’s early, but mainly he’s just hoping Pam won’t take his words the wrong way. He is not meaning to call her his, as if he owns her. If anything, it’s entirely the other way around. He could not be more hers.

Driving around, he’s just killing time now. He can’t believe how slowly time is moving. In his nervousness, he’s worked up a sweat, and so he quickly swipes his underarms with the spare deodorant he keeps in his glove compartment. Finally, he can see a light at the end of the tunnel. It’s around a quarter to 6:00PM, and instead of waiting a moment longer, he parks in the hotel parking lot, and gets out of the car, flowers in hand. He makes his way to the concierge desk and asks them to ring Pam on his behalf. The phone rings once, twice, three times, four times, and a final fifth time before Pam finally answers.

“Yes, a Mr….” The concierge looks at Jim questioningly.

“Jim Halpert.” Jim blurts out hastily.

“Jim Halpert is here to see you.” There’s a pause. “Yes, I’ll send him right up.”

The concierge hangs up the phone and smiles faintly. “Room 515.”

“Thank you.” Jim makes his way over to the elevator, and his numb fingers press the 5 button. He considers ripping off the card and stuffing it in his back pocket. It’s too weird of a message. Why didn’t he just write, “To Pam, From Jim,”? But the doors open, and his feet move of their own accord. And he’s knocking gently. Too gently. He knocks a little more firmly. “Room service,” he calls out jokingly. He can hear Pam’s giggle through the door, the sounds of her undoing the chain lock, and then the knob turns and all he sees is her.

“Hi,” he breathes out.

“Hey.” She’s blushing, absolutely radiant in her bare feet and jeans, with a red short sleeved V-neck top he’s never seen before.

“Beesly, you look beautiful.”

“Thanks. You look great too.” He ignores that, holding out her flowers.

“These are for you.”

“Oh, Jim! They’re beautiful! I love daises.”

I love you.

“So, ya wanna come in? See my super fancy hotel suite?”

Jim chuckles. “Absolutely, I do.” And with that, he follows Pam into her hotel room, closing the door behind him. 

Chapter End Notes:

As always, there's more to follow! 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans