- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Jim and Pam go back to Pam's hotel room. 

Jim drives in a nervous silence, still shell-shocked that he has just gone on a date with Pam, that he’s technically still on a date with Pam, and now he’s driving them both back to her hotel room at her invitation. All he can think of is kissing her, and okay, definitely way more than kissing her, but kissing her would still be amazing. He thinks back to the Dundies, to when Pam planted a smacking kiss on his lips after accepting her award for the Whitest Sneakers and giving an adorably drunken speech. Jim didn’t know what to feel in that moment, in a Chili’s packed with their entire office and a bunch of strangers, but he has not been able to get that kiss out of his mind ever since. And Pam initiated. She kissed him, arms wrapped around him, smiling and laughing. It would have been so easy to pretend that they were a regular couple, and that the engagement ring on her finger was one that he had put there. Like Jim would ever buy her that dinky piece of shit. But that was then, he tries to tell himself. This is now. And she’s not engaged and we’re both single and we’re on a date. And I know kissing her will be so much better now that “there’s nothing in our way,” as Pam put it. But Jim doesn’t think he’ll be able to wait for her to initiate this time.

Pam fiddles with the radio for a bit, but after a while, she just shuts it off completely, opting to lean her head against the passenger seat window. She looks totally content, if perhaps a little anxious for what’s to come. Her ankles are crossed and her right foot jiggles nearly in time with the rapid beating of his heart.

He pulls into the hotel parking lot and parks, turning to smile at her. She makes quick work of hopping out of her seat, grabbing her purse and cardigan and moving to wait for him by the hotel’s entrance. Taking a deep breath, he follows her.

They keep looking at each other and blushing, as they ride up the elevator. He’s not expecting anything from Pam tonight, but he sure is hopeful. He realizes that they haven’t spoken since leaving the diner, and he tries to think of words to fill the space, but comes up empty. At least Pam doesn’t seem to mind.

Pam looks bashful as she once again welcomes Jim into her room, locking the door behind them and reaching up to put on the chain lock. She smiles at the sight of her daisies, still waiting for her by her bed.

“Have a seat,” she gestures to the bed. “I’m sorry there’s not anywhere else to sit.”

Jim perches on the edge of the bed, toeing off his shoes. Pam deposits her purse and cardigan on top of a suitcase and kicks off her Keds, lying down, sighing. “Ah, it feels good to just veg.”

“Yeah…” Jim replies.

“You can lie down too, ya know. It’s okay.” She pats the comforter invitingly.

“Alright, will do.” He stretches out beside her, leaving space between them. His feet hang a couple of inches off of the bed. “I’m,” he clears his throat. “I’m just gonna take off my sweater.”

Pam giggles. “You don’t need my permission.”

Jim sits up and shrugs off his sweater, folding it and stuffing it on the nightstand beside the glass of daisies.

“Hi.” Pam says, once Jim gets settled on the bed again.

“Hey.”

“So…that was some date.”

“Pam!,” he cries, in mock-anger. “We’re still on a date!” He shakes his head at her.

“Well, it’s some date, don’t ya think?”

“That’s not very descriptive. What do you mean by some?” He wiggles his eyebrows at her.

“What do you think I mean?”

“Hey, I asked you first.”

“It’s just…it’s right. She says it like a question.

“It’s right.” He agrees, reaching to clasp her hand in his.

“So…what do you wanna do?,” Pam asks, squeezing his fingers a little bit.

Jim can think of a few things, but he’s not about to tell Pam.

“Um, whatever you want.”

“Well, are you ready for that room service?”

“No.,” Jim breathes out distractedly, transfixed by the sight of Pam’s hair fanned out on the pillow.  

“Jim?”

“Mmm-hmm?,” He mumbles.

“What are you looking at?”

“Uh, you…”

“Why are you looking at me like that?”

“You’re so beautiful.” He scoots a little closer to her.

“Thank you.” They’re still holding hands.

 “Don’t thank me – It’s true.” He gently tugs on one of her curls. “You are so,” He lifts the hand he’s holding and places a kiss on her knuckle. “so,” He turns her hand to kiss the inside of her wrist. “beautiful.” Very slowly he moves his face toward hers, giving her plenty of time to pull away. Softly, he feathers his lips over hers, lifting his face to look at her. Pam looks back at him, wide-eyed, the corners of her lips quirking up into a smile. 

Chapter End Notes:
More to follow! Thanks for the support!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans