- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I realize it's been months, but I have been suffering from the worst writer's block!

Jim jolts awake to his cell phone alarm. He’s about to hit snooze before he realizes where he is – Pam’s hotel room! Pam! Where is she? He’s wide awake now. He registers that the bathroom door is left ajar, and forces himself out of bed to investigate, knocking on it curiously before opening it the rest of the way and confirming what he already knows: Pam is not in here. A horrible feeling is churning in his stomach. Then he spots it - A piece of hotel stationary sticking out of the crack in the front door, and he races to grab a hold of it.

“Jim – Went to get breakfast. Coming back up with food :) - Pam”

Jim lets out a breath of air he didn’t realize he was holding, and throws himself on the bed. Okay, okay. Shower. Then food. Then drive to work with Pam, and spend every day with her this week. He likes his schedule enough to get out of bed and into the bathroom to start getting ready for work. Through the thin hotel walls, he can hear Pam come back inside the room while he’s brushing his teeth. She brought me breakfast, he thinks, smiling at his reflection. What a lucky sonofabitch.

“Hey Beesly,” Jim saunters out of the bathroom, fully dressed and ready for work.

“Hey Jim.” She grins up at him from where she sits at the foot of the bed, feet dangling inches off the ground.

“Did you sleep well?”

“I slept amazing, better than I’ve slept in a while, which is good. I needed it.”

“Yeah – Me too.”

“You hungry?”

“Starving! And by the way, thanks for bringing me breakfast.”

“Of course, but we should probably take it to go. Don’t wanna be late.”

“Sounds good to me. I think I’ll take a donut and some coffee.”

“I ate downstairs.”

“Oh, nice.”

“Yup – You have everything?”

He takes a moment to shake his head at the surrealness of the situation.

“Keys, wallet, phone - yup!”

She smiles up at him, gesturing around the room.

 “Cool. Well, I have this room all week, so if you forget something, you’re fine.”

He raises his eyebrows at her in a challenge.

“And what If I don’t forget something?”

She’s already gone beet red – She must know where he’s going with this.

“Am I still fine?” He presses, holding open the front door.

“I’m going to wait for the elevator.” And with that, she ducks underneath his arm and she’s gone.

The office is silent when they get to work. Pam walks in a little bit ahead of Jim and goes immediately to her desk, picking up her phone and going through her messages. Jim tries to stall at his desk, taking his time to get settled before strolling over to Pam’s desk, leaning over and snatching a few jellybeans. He can’t help himself – it’s such a massive turn on that the entire office has no idea what transpired over the weekend – it’s his and Pam’s little secret. And it’s not that he doesn’t want to shout about how good things are from the rooftops, but he’s not sure Pam will appreciate his making a scene. And  plus - he’s not about to complain about having Pam to himself for just a little while longer before it inevitably becomes public, “it” being their coupledom, the one thing he can remember truly wanting for the past three years.

Pam smirks up at him adorably. “I have over twenty voicemails.”

Jim smirks right back. “Hmmm, well you are a pretty important person.”

Pam chuckles. “Right, well then why have three of these been from some scam Dental company trying to get Dunder Mifflin to shell out big bucks for a teeth whitening?”

“Pam! They only scam the best.” She laughs, and it sounds more free than her other laughs. He doesn’t think he’ll ever tire of the sound.

Pam is still giggling a bit when they hear loud footsteps.

“Hey Halpert!” It’s ROY, looking not even remotely sober.

“Hey…” Jim turns to face him. The rest all happens in a blur. Roy lunges toward him, and he hears Pam scream Roy’s name before he feels a throbbing pain in his left cheek. At first he can’t see much except for black and yellow spots, but when things become clear he sees that Pam is beside him and she’s in tears. He can see her shaking, and he moves to put his arm around her, which only makes her cry more. Roy is on the floor moaning in pain and clutching his eyes - Dwight is standing over him triumphantly, and the office is buzzing with energy and noise. He lets out a breath he didn’t realize he was holding, staggering back against Pam’s desk – It’s supporting his weight almost entirely until he lets Pam guide him into her chair, and he makes sure to steal one of her hands once he sinks into her seat. He turns her hand so her palm is facing upward and he presses his lips against it as softly as he can manage.

Chapter End Notes:
More to come!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans