- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks so much for sticking with me!

Following the incident, as Jim has begun to refer to Roy’s attack in his mind, Roy is fired from Dunder Mifflin, and as grateful as Jim is for this, he can’t bring himself to press charges against him. He is guilty of having flirted with Roy’s fiancé (ex- fiancé) for years, and he’s also guilty of confessing his love for her just seconds after promising Roy he would “keep an eye on her.” He figures he deserves a punch in the face if it means he can now be with Pam. Similarly, Pam makes the decision not to take out a restraining order against Roy. She still hasn’t gone into why, but he thinks they’re both on the same page in wanting to put all of the unpleasantness behind them.

The day after the incident, Jim and Pam both take a “sick day” to process everything that has happened. When they return to work the next day, he and Pam each sign the necessary forms provided by a very reluctant Toby to register their relationship with HR. It’s as official as it can be. Pam is his girlfriend. They are still taking things incredibly slowly – In the weeks they have been together, Jim and Pam have yet to make it past the fully clothed making out stage. But Jim tries not to concern himself with that – He and Pam will get there when Pam is ready. And he has no doubt they’re going to be amazing together when she is.

Speaking of Pam and being amazing, Pam is now the proud renter of a studio apartment of her own and the owner of a blue Toyota Yaris. With the help of Jim and her parents, Pam has managed to get mostly settled into her new space. He has to admit that the new lifestyle looks good on her. Pam has become incredibly independent, literally wearing her hair down and looking into taking art classes. Jim couldn’t be more proud of her. And in the meantime, he has her ring, a new ring, sitting in a black velvet box in the back of his underwear drawer. He couldn’t resist once he laid his eyes on it a week after he and Pam had started dating. All of this waiting, the heartbreak of seeing Pam go home with Roy every single day, has led up to Pam agreeing to be with him. And now that he has her, he can't imagine a future that doesn't contain her in it. He wants it all - House (with a terrace for Pam), yard, maybe a dog, kids somewhere down the road. And it all doesn't seem so scary or impossible because he knows Pam will be right next to him the entire time. Pam is his girlfriend, and someday, sooner rather than later (because what's the use in waiting much longer?), Pam will be his wife. He has a pretty good feeling that now is still too soon, and the last thing he wants to do is freak her out. But a proposal is coming, and when it does, it's gonna kick her ass.

 



BringingTheJam is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked Love Suffers Long also liked 1659 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans