- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pam gets a date.

 Standard disclaimer: I own neither the Office, nor any of the sources for this, nor AOL, nor minor league ice hockey franchises. 

MorganLaFey: omg omg omg

WScranton8: what what what?

MorganLaFey: a boy asked me out

MorganLaFey: like, on a date

WScranton8: oh, I was afraid you meant he asked you to get out of his seat in math class

WScranton8: of course on a date :-P

MorganLaFey: :-P

MorganLaFey: it’s so exciting

MorganLaFey: omg

WScranton8: cmon now morgan

WScranton8: this can’t be the first time someone’s asked you out

WScranton8: smart funny girl like you should be beating them off with a stick

MorganLaFey: *blushes* you’re so sweet scranton

MorganLaFey: but for real

MorganLaFey: he came up to my locker after gym and was all like

MorganLaFey: hey you wanna go out sometime

MorganLaFey: and i almost didn’t think he was talking to me

MorganLaFey: but there was no one else there

WScranton8: and you said?

MorganLaFey: yes of course

MorganLaFey: well I kinda of said blurgumeruhyes

MorganLaFey: because i’m just that smooth

MorganLaFey: but he understood

MorganLaFey: we’re going out tonight actually

MorganLaFey: so i gotta go

MorganLaFey: but I just had to tell you

MorganLaFey: omg!

WScranton8: well, have fun I guess

WScranton8: talk tomorrow?

MorganLaFey: sure thing!

MorganLaFey: I’ll tell you how it goes!

 

Pam signed off and skipped around her room. Roy Anderson was taking her out tonight! Sure, it was to a minor league hockey game and she hated hockey, but still, a date! With a varsity football player. A hot, tall varsity football player who apparently knew her name. Or at least a version of it. And who wanted to date her! She was so excited she’d had to tell everyone, which she now realizes was basically just her parents and WScranton8. Izzy and Tammy and the rest of the group were all on a band field trip—music was definitely not her art, so it was the one time they were out of touch—and she’d just felt like screaming it to the rooftops. She had a momentary twinge of guilt at telling WScranton8 about her date; after all, she’d been having very date-like feelings about their chats in recent days. But she didn’t even technically know his S, let alone his A and L. Technically he could be an 85 year old grandmother in Tallahassee. You couldn’t cheat on someone you didn’t even know that much about.

 

Another small part of her reminded her that it was her idea that she not know any of those things about WScranton8; he’d seemed quite willing to go along with it, but it had definitively been her suggestion. And he had gotten awfully quiet when she’d kept gushing about the date, though she couldn’t tell how much of that was her own excitement not letting him get a word in edgewise. She shrugged. Or maybe he just didn’t care, and all this date-like stuff was entirely on her end. Maybe he was an 85-year-old Floridian grandmother. Or a 12 year old in Russia. Or anything else. She couldn’t let a hypothetical person she intentionally refused to know better keep her from the best thing that had ever happened to her romantically. Even if he was a wonderful listener, and even if they had been chatting about everything and nothing until the wee hours for the last week as she finished up an English paper that she “totally absolutely needed” online resources for when her mother asked. So there. She wasn’t going to feel guilty. She was going to feel excited. It wasn’t every day a hot guy like Roy took an interest in her. In fact, it wasn’t any day before now.

 

She briefly flirted with the idea that Roy could be WScranton8. Maybe he was short with her tonight because he too had to prepare to go watch minor league hockey game with a hot date. After all, he’d called her “smart” and “funny.” Well, WScranton8 had. Roy had just called her “Pammy” and asked if she was free tonight. And smiled. Oh that smile. Dimples for days. On further reflection, Roy wasn’t really the type to do trivia—he was barely passing gym as a varsity athlete, which was actually kind of funny—and she remembered WScranton8 was a basketball player, not a football player. But still, it would have been nice.

 

It was going to be nice anyway. She put on her best sweater (hockey was on ice, right? The games probably got cold) and as tight a pair of jeans as she thought her mother would let her get away with. She didn’t really plan to, you know, do anything with Roy tonight besides see a hockey game, but it wouldn’t hurt to dress up. Not even WScranton8 would call her “hot,” she thought (ignoring the point that he’d literally never seen her), but she could at least be “cute” tonight. After all, she had her first real date.


Omg.

Chapter End Notes:
I think we all know where this is going...poor Pam. Next chapter will be Jim's POV. I always appreciate feedback, of whatever variety. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans