- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Pam goes on another date.

Standard disclaimer: I own nothing this is based on, from the Office to the other stories. 

MorganLaFey: so that’s why carrot cake is inherently superior

WScranton8: I’m not even sure I know who you are anymore

WScranton8: traitor ;-)

MorganLaFey: hee

MorganLaFey: so anyway

MorganLaFey: I should get going

WScranton8: hot date tonight? ;-)

MorganLaFey: well, actually…

WScranton8: !

WScranton8: see, I told you you’d be beating them off with a stick

MorganLaFey: actually it’s the same guy

WScranton8: ???

MorganLaFey: he apologized so much

MorganLaFey: it was really cute, actually

MorganLaFey: and he’s really sweet when he tries

MorganLaFey: he got me flowers

MorganLaFey: (actually, I think his mom got them, but they’re still pretty and he’s trying so hard and…)

WScranton8: and so you just forget he left you there?

MorganLaFey: well, not forget, but…forgive?

MorganLaFey: as I said, he’s really sweet

WScranton8: I’m sure he’s a real catch

WScranton8: have fun                   

WScranton8: maybe this time it’ll just be you two

WScranton8: and he’ll actually remember you’re there

MorganLaFey: what the hell?

MorganLaFey: you don’t even know him

WScranton8: I know he *literally forgot about you* on your last date

MorganLaFey: I’m aware! I was there! And he’s apologized!

MorganLaFey: and it’s none of your business!

WScranton8: hey I’m just saying

WScranton8: I think you can do better

MorganLaFey: who asked you to just say?

MorganLaFey: I’m fine with my choices

MorganLaFey: thank you very much

WScranton8: fine.

WScranton8: well, if it’s none of my business, it’s none of my business

MorganLaFey: that’s right it isn’t

WScranton8: fine

 

Pam slammed the keyboard in frustration. She didn’t really know what she expected from WScranton8, but this kind of jealousy was definitely not it. OK, so Roy brought his brother Kenny to the hockey game and then left her. If she was over that (she was over that, right?) then what business did WScranton8 have being angry about it? It was her dating life. It’s not like they were dating. Or even knew where each other were or what they looked like. Even the “Scranton” in WScranton8 might be a lie, or misleading anyway. Maybe he grew up in Scranton until he was 3 and hadn’t been back since then. Or he wanted to live in Scranton when he grew up. OK, probably not that last one, but still. She wasn’t going to let him control her life, and if she wanted to give Roy Anderson a second chance she would damn well give him a second chance.

 

WScranton8 hadn’t said anything in a little while, though, and that worried her. Sure, she was supposed to sign off and go prep for her date with Roy, but she didn’t really want to leave things like this. It’s not like she owed him anything—definitely not a veto over who she dated—but she wasn’t quite sure what she’d do if he stopped talking to her over it.

 

She sighed. It was probably her fault anyway. Not going on a date with Roy—she wanted to do that, she reminded herself—but complaining to WScranton8 about it after the first one went bad. After all, he’d only heard her extremely frustrated immediate reaction to it. He hadn’t been there when Roy showed up with the flowers the next day, or when he kept coming by her locker to beg for another chance. He’d even left the football table in the cafeteria to come sit with her one day and ask her for a second date. It had been really sweet, and hard to ignore, and it’s not like other boys were lining up to ask her out. So she’d said yes. But she hadn’t talked to WScranton8 about any of it. It had seemed…weird to talk to him about that kind of stuff. And it would have involved details of her school and routine that would have crossed the boundary they’d drawn up. So she hadn’t mentioned it, and all he’d heard was the frustration and not the softening. He was just trying to protect her and be her friend.

 

Maybe the solution was to go even farther in that direction. Avoid talking about Roy, or any future boyfriends, in any detail so that she wouldn’t make that mistake again. She couldn’t afford to lose WScranton8’s sympathetic ear…eye…whatever, but she wasn’t going to become some sort of nun or hermit for him. Maybe it was best to just put all that aside.

 

MorganLaFey: hey. I’m sorry I got mad.

MorganLaFey: I realized I only told you the bad stuff about the date and none of the good

MorganLaFey: and it’s not fair to ask you to read my mind.

WScranton8: I’m sorry I got…like I got about it.

WScranton8: you’re right. it’s your life, your business.

WScranton8: I’ll just butt out of it

MorganLaFey: hey, I don’t want you to butt out of my life

MorganLaFey: but maybe I shouldn’t dump my relationship drama on you

MorganLaFey: seeing as we’ve never, actually, met

WScranton8: seems fair

WScranton8: mom-stuff it?

MorganLaFey: mom-stuff it is.

WScranton8: well, have fun with your mom-stuff. I’m going to head out myself now too.

MorganLaFey: bye

WScranton8: bye

 

She breathed a sigh of relief. At least that was settled. Now she just had to figure out why there were more butterflies in her stomach trying to negotiate a truce with WScranton8 than there had been when Roy handed her those flowers. But first, she had a date to prepare for.

Chapter End Notes:

Now that Pam is together with Roy, time is going to start moving a lot faster. My current plan is to have a series of catch-up chapters moving us through to when Pam and Jim each start working at Dunder Mifflin and then through the time before the show starts, then a chapter every episode or so of the series itself for a little bit. Though of course all of those experiences will be a little different with an internet buddy in tow...

Feedback is ridiculously welcome as I figure out where I'm going with this.  


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans