47 [Reviews - 33] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: An exploration of the things that helped turn "Jim" and "Pam" into "Jim and Pam." Inspired by the 31 day challenge prompt on the MTT blog.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Drama, Fluff, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 17 Completed: No
Word count: 41067 Read: 22226 ePub Downloads: 10
Published: February 20, 2018 Updated: July 04, 2018
[Report This]
Story Notes:
I wanted to take each of the 31 prompts and explore them a little more. How did these individual things impact our favorite couple? Were they significant moments that we didn't get to see? Were they insignificant moments that we did get to see but didn't get to fully understand? Set pre-pilot and moving forward in their relationship, I hope to dissect these words/phrases/scenarios and see how they shape Jim and Pam.

Each prompt is one chapter; prompts are listed as chapter titles. Rating may change as chapters are added.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. Paper by BigTuna [Reviews - 5] 10 (1136 words)

2. Conference Room by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 2 (2103 words)

3. Desk by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 3 (2271 words)
Some texts are exchanged in this chapter. In case it's not clear, this is Pam and this is Roy.

4. Office Party by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 1 (4105 words)
05-05-05, only happens once in a billion years!

5. Message by BigTuna [Reviews - 4] 4 (1850 words)
Some notes for this chapter:
-I went back and edited previous chapters so that the tense is all the same, so feel free to reread.
-Part of this chapter is based on a few deleted scenes. One is where Dwight describes his perfect woman (Konikotaka, a fictional anime character who was orphaned and brought up by a businessman. She's a martial artist and also a survivor of monster rape. She's on Dwight's shirt in the "Basketball" episode. Another scene is a prank that Jim and Pam play on Dwight, in which Jim find's Dwight's wallet in the parking lot, Pam suggests to leave everything alone and give it back to him, and Dwight is convinced that they did something sinister so he cancels all his credit cards. There's also an extended scene where Jim and Pam discuss the name of the game they play where they throw things in Dwight's coffee cup; that's where skeet-shruting came from.

Obviously I took some liberties with this prompt, but instant messages and text messages are still messages, right?

6. Prank by BigTuna [Reviews - 3] 2 (2051 words)

7. Office Romance by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 3 (1128 words)
Everyone's favorite: Email Surveillance! This chapter was a struggle, but overall I (think) I'm happy with it. Let me know what you think!

8. Secret Santa by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 3 (2132 words)
Another reference to a deleted scene in here, for the episode "Christmas Party." Pam's Secret Santa recipient is Meredith and Pam paints her a picture because she had at one point said she likes Pam's art.

9. Video by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 1 (1844 words)

10. That's What She Said by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 3 (2370 words)
A little different than what you'd imagine for a TWSS prompt, but I hope that you enjoy it all the same!

11. Lunch by BigTuna [Reviews - 2] 2 (1852 words)

12. Office Outing by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 2 (3515 words)
Another reference to a deleted scene in this one: Jim's toast in "Booze Cruise." Also borrowed quite a bit of dialogue from the show in this one, hope you don't mind!

13. Phone by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 1 (3190 words)

14. Bears by BigTuna [Reviews - 2] 3 (2332 words)
The prompt for this chapter is “Bears, Beets, (or) Battlestar Galactica.” I took some liberties with it, haha. This chapter is a little bit more introspective but I wanted to get us in the right frame of mind before the next installement. I’m sure you can guess what’s coming next!

15. Parking Lot by BigTuna [Reviews - 4] 4 (4721 words)
This one was harder than I expected it to be. I hope I did it justice.

16. Birthday by BigTuna [Reviews - 1] 1 (2623 words)
Had to find a way to fit this prompt into the timeline. Hope it's not too contrived while at the same time explaining why I feel like Pam didn't call Jim to tell him that she'd called off the wedding. Hope you enjoy! Thanks for all the recent feedback, you guys made my day.

17. First Day by BigTuna [Reviews - 3] 2 (1844 words)