- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I forgot to say that the card Jim gave Pam yesterday was also inspired by a wonderful piece of artwork by our own NobleLandMermaid. Seriously, check out her stuff, it's great.

Anyway, let's move right along shall we?

“Would you relax please?”

“Would you hurry up!”

“What’s the rush?”

“Please, as if you don’t know.”

“Know what? You’re awfully excited to get into work Beesly. In fact, I don’t think I’ve ever seen you so keyed up to get inside.”

Pam grinned at Jim as they got out of his car and walked into the office together. She was tugging on the sleeve of his coat to try and get him to walk faster into the building. Jim, however, was deliberately taking his time. He put on a fine show of trying to stall as much as he could.

“I’ve just got a feeling there’s going to be something waiting on my keyboard when we get upstairs is all. Now would you please, for the love of all things Christmas, hurry up! It’s cold out here.”

With one last tug she managed to get him inside the lobby of their building. Jim started heading for the stairwell door. Pam was quick to intercept him and pull him towards the elevator.

“Oh no you don’t. Get over here.” She dragged him away from the door and pushed the call button for the elevator.

“What? I thought you said one of your New Year’s resolutions was going to be to take the stairs more often.”

“It’s not New Year’s yet,” she told him as the doors opened and they stepped inside. “Besides there are other reasons to take the elevator.” She turned to face him and wrapped her arms around his neck as the doors closed.

“Yeah?” Jim gave her his best cock-eyed smirk as his own arms circled her waist. “What would those be?”

“This,” she said simply and rose up to kiss him.

Jim eagerly returned her kiss as the elevator started ascending. He especially didn’t mind when Pam’s hand travelled from behind his neck to push open his over coat and slide under his suit jacket to start caressing his back. He couldn’t stop the low moan of pleasure that escaped his throat. What did stop him was Pam swiftly pulling his dress shirt and undershirt out from the back of his trousers and reaching up to put her bare hands on the skin of his back.

“Cold!” Jim jumped back in shock. “Good god girl! There are these things called gloves! You should try them sometime!”

Pam only laughed at him and scampered out of the elevator since it had reached their floor. “Serves you right,” she called over her shoulder.

Jim stepped out of the elevator and dug behind his back to tuck his shirts back in. He turned the corner to see Pam had already unlocked the office doors and was turning on the lights. Slowly, stealthily, he tried creeping through the doors, but he misjudged his hand hold and the door slammed shut behind him.

The sound alerted Pam to his presence and she turned to see the predatory smirk on his face. With a squeal of laughter, she took off across the office heading for the kitchen. Jim was after her in a flash. Pam kept giggling and tried to pull Dwight’s chair out to impede Jim’s progress and give her a few more seconds. Using reflexes honed on the basketball court, Jim nimbly vaulted over the chair and caught up with Pam just as she reached the kitchen door.

“Gotcha!” he crowed triumphantly and wrapped his arms around her waist from behind. He pulled her away from the door and bent his head down to start nuzzling the collar of her coat to one side to gain access to the warm skin where her neck met her shoulder.

“Ah! Jim!” She was still grinning from ear to ear. “You didn’t shave this morning! That tickles!”

Pam kept laughing and did her best to dislodge his hand from her waist. She only stopped when instead of rubbing his face into her neck, he started kissing the soft skin there.

“Mmmm, Jim.” Pam closed her eyes and leaned her head back. “Can you hold that thought for tonight when we get back to your place?”

“You bet,” he assured her with one last kiss. Finally, he released her as they knew it was only a matter of time before their co-workers would start to file through the door.

 Jim dropped his coat and messenger bag off at his desk and headed into the kitchen. Pam turned back towards her desk to deposit her coat on the rack. As soon as her coat was hung up, she turned to look at her computer. To her disappointment there was no card waiting for her on her keyboard. With a sigh she sat down, started up her computer, and logged on. She pulled open a drawer to get some paper out of the ream she kept at her desk. It was one of her habits to refill the paper in the fax machine feed tray every morning. Spinning in her chair she tapped the papers on the file cabinet to line them up before putting them in the tray. As she looked up she noticed something amiss in the fax machine. In addition to the sheets of white paper in the tray, there was another white envelope.

Instantly, a huge smile appeared on her face as she picked it up. After re-filling the fax machine tray, she took closer look at the envelope. Like the note from yesterday there was red and green block letters on the front. The only difference was the order of red and green letters was switched. Whereas yesterday’s letters had started with a red letter and then alternated to green, this letter started with green and alternated to red.

On the Second Day of Christmas my office gave to me

Her grin stayed completely intact as she flipped the envelope over, opened it, and pulled out the card. She couldn’t stop a sniffle or her hand coming up to the top of her chest when she saw the picture on the front of the card. It was another picture of her and Jim. She was proudly holding up a pair of origami doves while Jim looked on and was raising his hand for a high-five. She flipped the card over. More red and green words were on the back.

Two Olympic Doves
And a Dundie in a paper tree

A light noise behind her caused her to turn around. Jim was leaning over the counter having just set down her teapot. From the wisps of steam coming from the spout, she could tell he’d taken the time to brew her a pot. His usual cock-eyed smirk was gone. In its place was the soft smile she swore he had only ever turned on her. She felt her heart melt just that much more.

“What was it today?” he asked innocently.

Since Stanley and Meredith had come in for the morning, Pam knew she couldn’t be as demonstrative as she would have liked to have been. She stood up, walked around the reception desk and enfolded him with a brief but meaningful hug.

“I know Phyllis didn’t take that picture,” she stated when she leaned back. “In fact, no one was taking pictures right then. How’d you get that shot?”

Jim shrugged a shoulder and helped himself to a jelly bean. “The doc guys owed me a favor. They gave me a bunch of still shots from their footage reels.”

Pam felt the corners of her mouth start to get a little sore from all the grinning she’d been doing. She also realized she didn’t really care. “Well if that strike of theirs ever gets resolved and they start filming again, we’ll have to thank them.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he agreed.

Chapter End Notes:
So far so good, two updates in as many days. Hopefully I'll be able to find some time to get the next chapters written up to keep the streak going.

Reviews welcome as always.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans