22 [Reviews - 21] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: …did I stutter?

The cold open (well… really the B-story) that might have been for The Deposition. #9 in the Rejected Cold Opens series.
Rated: K
Categories: Past, Jim and Pam, Episode Related, Other Characters: Angela, Darryl, Dwight, Dwight/Angela, Ensemble, Jim, Jim/Pam, Michael, Other, Pam
Genres: Claustrophobic Spaces, Humor, Workdays
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Series: Rejected Cold Opens
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes
Word count: 3214 Read: 1683 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: October 04, 2021 Updated: October 04, 2021
[Report This]
Story Notes:
So as avid listeners of the Office Ladies Podcast know, one of the cards that was taken off the writers’ room wall for The Deposition was a pitch entitled simply: “Dwight gets stuck in the wall.” It ultimately went unused.

Paints a picture, doesn’t it? You can just see him… stuck in that wall.

With much love for the “Hiya buddy!” cold open and for the B plot that taught us the difference between talking trash and talking smack, this felt like a huge missed opportunity. So the other night I couldn’t sleep and instead of working on any of my currently unfinished fics I came up with this.

My apologies in advance to Canadian and Southern U.S. readers. I promise you, Jim’s idea, not mine.

DISCLAIMER:

Jenna: I'm Jenna Fischer.
Angela: And I'm Angela Kinsey.
Jenna: We were on The Office together.
Angela: And we're best friends.
Jenna: And now we're doing the ultimate Office fanfic disclaimer just for you.
Angela: Each week, we’ll remind you that all publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. from an episode of The Office are the property of their respective owners, and only two people associated with the owners, creators or producers of the media franchise can sell it to you.
Jenna: This is Office fanfic!

1. "How would he have gotten in the wall? How would he get stuck in there?" - Angela Kinsey by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 6] 7 (1023 words)

2. Seriously, that's the whole pitch. "Dwight gets stuck in the wall." by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 4] 4 (644 words)

3. It just doesn't really fit "small, real, relatable" well, you know? by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 4] 4 (944 words)

4. Then again, the actual B-story in The Deposition is about how Jim can't play ping-pong. So. by darjeelingandcoke [Reviews - 7] 7 (603 words)