- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah I needed to add something cute and less angsty to the end of this story after all that, so we fast forward a couple seasons. This also references a deleted scene from Launch Party! 

"Hey," Pam sat up, lifting her head from Jim's shoulder but keeping their arms linked. "D'you remember the first time we had a real argument?"

"What d'you mean?" Jim raised a brow, wondering what this had to do with pizza and old kiss confessions and the online party being held downstairs. 

"I don't mean like those disagreements over art lessons in New York or whatever. It was when you did that complaint to Toby." Smiling despite her topic, Pam unlinked their arms and reached for another slice of pizza. "We came up here a few days later."

"We did." 

"It sucked." 

"Yeah."

As Pam chewed on her pizza, Jim watched her with a mix of amusement and confusion. Sometimes he had no idea where Pam was heading with a conversation, and it often surprised him in a good way. He sipped on his soda as he waited, remembering pieces of their confessions that time they'd been up on the roof when she'd braved asking him to lunch after days of mutual silence. Being with Pam felt so... forever that it felt like that whole situation had been another lifetime. 

"So, I just told you about that kiss at the Dundies," Pam finally recounted, linking her arm back with Jim's. 

"You did," Jim grinned. 

"It was one of the things I really wanted to tell you when we had our lunch that time before you asked if we were back to normal." 

"Oh?" Jim raised a brow. It may have felt like a lifetime ago, but that silence he remembered very well. 

"Yeah. I had all these things I wanted to say and I just realised now... there's one thing I've still not asked you." 

"O-kay," Jim said. He felt slightly nervous.  

Pam bit her lip. "Why didn't you kiss me on that cruise?" 

"Oh. Well... you went inside. You said it was cold."

"No, before that," Pam gave him a slight nudge. "You were going to kiss me. I know that face very well now."

"I don't have a face-"

"You do!" Pam insisted. "You get all serious, it's super cute." 

"I do not."

"Not all the time, but you do sometimes," Pam asserted, "now answer the question."

"I... I don't know," Jim sighed. "I guess I chickened out. I thought maybe you... maybe you'd not want to."

"Jim," Pam tilted her head up to look at Jim, smiling slightly when he kissed her forehead, "I one hundred percent would have kissed you that night. I was... I was hoping you would." 

"Oh," Jim breathed out. "But... you left. You went back inside." 

"Yeah. I guess I chickened out too. It was just... a long time and by then I got into my own head. I figured if you were gonna kiss me, you would have by now." Pam sighed. "Sometimes I think... if you had kissed me and I wouldn't have gone inside that soon, I wouldn't have felt so lonely... I wouldn't have set a wedding date that night. We wouldn't have needed our first argument to be over my stupid wedding. At least saved a few months of heartbreak."

Jim could only nod in agreement as he thought about Pam's statement, then held her a little tighter to him. She was right, but nevertheless he was grateful to just have her in his arms now. Her confession of being slightly buzzed but knowing what she was doing when kissing him at the Dundies had been fun, but this one was completely different. "I do wish I'd kissed you that night. I suppose at least our first argument was out of the way before we were even together."

"Mm, true," Pam agreed, relaxing into his embrace. "Arguing last night over me watching TV too loud and you not taking the laundry out before leaving for work seems so... tiny in comparison." 

"You do watch the TV too loud," Jim smirked. 

"What're you gonna do, complain to Toby about it?" Pam smirked up at him. 

"Maybe," Jim turned and gave Pam a gentle kiss, "but I'll redact it on one condition."

"What's that?"

"I forgot to start the tumble drier this morning and I'd appreciate you not being mad about that." 

"Jim! I don't have any clean clothes left at yours. God, everything's gonna smell all gross and damp!"

"So let's stay at your place." 

"I haven't tidied. There's-"

"I know. We've had dinner already with all this pizza. We'll get some beers and clean underwear on the way to yours." 

"Mm'kay," Pam agreed, smiling as Jim gave her another kiss she knew was to cut off any further argument.

Chapter End Notes:
Now, we're done. :) 


Receptionitis15 is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Our Territory of Altercation also liked 80 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans