- Text Size +

Jim and Pam made it back to the hotel and crept up the stairs, hopeful that they wouldn't bump into Michael now that they were no longer trailing him. Jim walked Pam to her room, hand in hand, and gave her a small squeeze as they stopped outside her door.

"So," Pam breathed, looking down at her watch. "It's after midnight, I guess we haven't got stuck in today, well, yesterday." She grinned up at Jim with her tongue poking between her teeth, eyes sparkling. 

"Come on Beesly," he said, shaking his head with a slight roll of his eyes. "You know it's not midnight, it's 6am when he resets. So we've got a few more hours to be worried." 

"Ah damn," she giggled. "Well, I guess we should get some sleep in case we're up in six hours." She pressed her body against his and pushed her hands into his hair, tugging him down slightly so that she could kiss him. Before it could get too heated, Pam pulled away, running her hands down his chest. "Goodnight, Jim," she smiled before slipping inside her room. 

Jim couldn't wipe the smile off his face as he tiptoed past Michael's room and opened the door to his. He shrugged his jacket off and dropped it on the chair in the corner of his room. He pulled the floral curtains hanging at the small window closed, and then reached down to pull his sweater off. He noticed the small television sitting on the desk and contemplated watching something, but a yawn took over him and he shook his head to himself. He unbuckled his jeans and slipped them off, throwing them onto the pile of clothes that was amassing on the small chair. His socks were kicked under the chair, landing somewhere near his shoes, and he was about to pull his t-shirt off when he heard a soft knocking on his door. Without thinking about it, he padded over to open it, wearing just his white t-shirt and black boxer briefs.

"Oh," Pam gasped as Jim opened the door. "Sorry, I, um," she trailed off as she blushed, not sure where to look.

"Sorry, I was, uh, just getting ready for bed," he said, positioning his lower half slightly behind the door. 

"No, um, sorry, I, uh," she stumbled. She took a deep breath and looked up at him. "I was wondering if maybe I could stay with you tonight?" 

"Oh," he whispered, now his turn to blush. "Yeah, definitely," he managed to croak out as he opened the door more and motioned for Pam to come in.

-- 

A few hours after they finally got to sleep, Jim and Pam were disturbed by a crash, followed by some shouting coming from the room next door to Jim's. Jim raised one eyebrow in an attempt to open his eye, but it didn't help. 

"Whawatha?" Pam murmured into Jim's bare chest where she was laying. 

"I guess Michael didn't get stuck in Groundhog Day," he said sleepily, pulling her tighter to him. 

"There's always next year I guess," she sleepily sighed.

"Absolutely there is," he yawned, before pressing a kiss to the top of her head and falling back asleep, content to spend the rest of eternity exactly where he was.



MrsKHalpert is the author of 40 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked A Private Celebration also liked 1124 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans