- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own these characters or any Bobble Heads of any kind. Please don't throw lawyers at me.

 

 

"Only Humping Day and already you're slacking off," Dwight proclaimed, staring at Jim with blanket disproval. "Dunder-Mifflin isn't paying you to play with your phone, Jim."

 

Jim snapped his cell phone shut, effectively blocking the picture of Jilly and Pam that was displayed so happily as his background. "That's not what it's called."

 

"Oh no Jim...it is definitely called slacking. And that's what you're doing...so...do some work Jim, or when Michael gets back from corporate, I'll tell him you've done nothing."

 

Jim sighed. He wasn't in the mood for this today. He wasn't sure quite sure what he was in the mood for but it certainly wasn't Dwight's insufferability - if that was even a word.

 

"It's called Hump Day."

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing....Just...mind your own business Dwight," he said rolling his cell phone around in his big hand.

 

"Um, Jim...this is my business and you work for it...so by extension you are my business."

 

"I don't work for you."

 

"You work for Dunder-Mifflin...which is my business, which makes it my business. Which makes you my business."

 

"Ok. Um good," Jim said, finally giving in. "I need a raise."

 

"I'm sorry?"

 

"...I work for you - I think you should give me a raise." Jim leaned back in his seat, folded his arms across his chest and started listing his virtues. "I get here on time, my numbers are great, customers love me, and I've recently made an addition to my family...so...there you have it."

 

"Jim...none of this is of any concern to me."

 

"Wait - I thought you said I was your business."

 

"That...Jim, just go back to work."

 

Jim shrugged one shoulder. "Wish you'd make up your mind."

Dwight lifted his phone to place a customer call and Jim found himself smiling in spite of himself. He laced his fingers behind his head and thought about working...honestly he did. But he couldn't. He was having a tougher time than usual focusing on work this morning.

 

For a couple of weeks now Pam hadn't seemed herself. Then last night and this morning things had been particularly bad.

 

He couldn't put his finger on it exactly, but she just seemed...tired...yet antsy.

Ok, so that combination didn't make any sense. They were an absolute contradiction, but that's what it seemed like.

 

They'd talked seriously about her coming back to work. That the time had come for them to really start considering it. G-ma's Halpert and Beesly were both more than willing to watch Jill during the days which would free Pam up. And Jill was ready for the separation.

 

More than anything though, Jim missed having Pam at work. Turning around to see Andy on the phone everyday was a little bit more than he could handle. Stuck between Andy and Dwight...Lord.

 

Pam had concerns about returning though. Concerns that had seemed to come out of completely left field. Maybe if she came back they wouldn't get along as well...Maybe they'd get tired of each other since they lived together...

 

This struck him as completely dumb (he'd been smart enough not to word it that way) since they'd dated for months and had been married for nearly a year - while working together - before Jill had come along.

 

He couldn't help but wonder if she was making excuses for some reason...

 

Pam's emotions had moved back and forth between enjoying the idea of getting out of the house, then to feeling guilty for feeling that way. Guilty for wanting to spend time with adults. Guilty that she was actually kind of excited to leave Jill for a few hours at a time.

 

He'd rationalized that it wasn't that she was excited to leave Jill, so much as she was excited to do something outside of the house.

 

It had been an oddly cyclical conversation. One moment excited by the prospect, the next moment teary, and the next as if she could care less about ever returning to Dunder-Mifflin at all.

 

His confusion, had led him to ask her about her art. Did she want to pursue it full time? Say to hell with Dunder-Mifflin and start going to school full time? He would be completely supportive of whatever it was that she wanted to do, but they needed to know so that they could plan for that financially.

 

So he really could ask for a raise if he needed it, or pursue something else...maybe even a corporate job - if it came down to it. That still felt like a last resort for so many reasons.

 

But she just didn't know what she wanted. That fact left him feeling a little annoyed to be honest. Left him feeling like....Well, what else is new Pam Beesly...Halpert.

And wasn't that thought a pain in the ass because it only left him feeling guilty. Like a bit of an asshole.

So instead of asking more questions he'd tried something different. He'd tried to be what he thought was the model husband. He'd made dinner, he'd taken his girls out for dinner more often, he'd done the laundry....the funny thing was (or not so funny) was that some of his model husband behavior had actually started pissing her off.

 

Yeah. Interesting.

 

"What you think I can't do it anymore?" Was actually something she'd said in the heat of an argument. "I'm inept now? I get it Jim, ok! I get that you can do everything 10 times better than I can do them..." It had made zero sense. He'd only been trying to help. He was tired too and forgive him trying to pull his weight. Yes, he was a jerk...he deserved a severe stoning.

 

Later she's apologized more profusely than he'd ever heard her apologize for anything and then had started to cry, feeling even more down on herself than she had before the stupid argument began.

 

They'd gone to bed with their arms around each other and had woken up this morning in the same place they'd started in.

 

Which was exactly...nowhere.

 

He'd kissed a sleeping Jill goodbye and promised he'd knock off a little early today and they'd go see the ducks in the park. Ducks were her newest, most funny form of entertainment.

 

Jim heard her giggle as clear as if she were in the office with him and drummed his fingers on top of the desk. He could call Pam...but they'd only end up talking about it again and he didn't feel like talking about any of this with Dwight sitting across from him.

 

He watched his deranged co-worker arrange and rearrange his bobble heads and thought about how before he and Pam had Jill, when Pam was down all he really needed to do was get her involved in a prank and suddenly everything seemed right with her world. He wasn't an idiot...the decisions she had to make wouldn't be fixed by a little prank, but maybe they could have a little fun none the less. Right?

 

Yes, that's what Pam needed -- a good old-fashioned prank just to bring a smile to her face. Now he just needed to come up with something. Needed some inspiration...

 

"These are collector's items Jim......so, stop putting your things so close."

 

Inspiration wore glasses and short sleeves and sat across from him, still rearranging his bobble head collection and annoyed as all hell.

 

"What are you doing Dwight? Rearranging the dolls?" Jim said reaching out to set one bobbling.

 

"They are not dolls...they are Bobble Heads....Stop touching that."

 

"Oh sorry...but I was just...curious. Why are you rearranging your dolls?"

 

Dwight sighed. "Fung Shwei Jim, what does it look like?"

 

"Fung Shwei. Mmhm, it looks like Fung Shwei," Jim said nodding in a complete matter of fact manner. Just be patient. He'll give you something golden. "How was your weekend?"

 

"Good. Why do you ask?"

 

"No reason. Just wanting to know what you do with your time."

 

"Well that's none of your business so..."

 

"Wait...I thought ...." Jim let it go. He didn't want to screw this up by getting into a control battle. He focused his attention on his computer screen. "Must mean you didn't do anything exciting."

 

"It does not mean that."

 

Jim typed jibberish on his screen. "Well typically when people say their life is no one's business it means that their life is really boring...so..."

 

"For your information, Jim, I did do something very exciting this weekend. My Laser Tag Team and I started researching time travel."

 

And the Dundie award for person most likely to set up their own prank is...Dwight K. Shcrute! Way to dig your own hole!

 

Jim sat back in his chair. In an instant his day had gotten substantially brighter.

 

"Time travel?"

 

"Do not mock me."

 

"I am not mocking. I'm intrigued," Jim said leaning forward. Riveted. Think, think, think...

 

"You are?" Dwight asked suspiciously.

 

Jim nodded, leaned forward, propped his chin up in his hands in a sign of wanting more information. "Please...."

 

"Well...we discovered some new information on dimensions...time continuums."

 

Officially better than Christmas.

 

Jim pulled his cell phone out of his jacket pocket nonchalantly. Laid it on his lap and flipped it open. Already he knew where this was going. Sometimes things just fell together so nicely. Some pranks were meant to be. Fated.

 

"Really? New information? Fascinating."

 

He leaned back just far enough to navigate his way through the different menus on his cell phone. When finally he reached the Recorded Audio screen, he clicked on his first audio clip as Dwight continued talking about space continuity or something or other...

 

"Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

Dwight stopped mid sentence. "What was that?"

 

"What?" Jim said frowning. He looked around. "What are you talking about?"

 

"You didn't hear that?"

 

"No," Jim said hitting the audio button again. "Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

"Jim what is that!"

 

Jim pressed the button again, still hiding the phone as he looked around. "Oh...you mean that?...What is that?"

 

"That's what I asked you, Jim!"

 

"It sounds like a baby," Jim said returning to his fake typing. So far he'd typed, ‘This is the sound Jill makes when she is very excited. This sound is brought on by ducks, pudding, mommy's surprised face, mommy's toe kisses, zerberts on her belly, and whenever she sees monkeys on TV.'

 

"There aren't any babies here Jim."

 

"Well obviously there are, because I hear one. There must be one somewhere -

 

"Sssh...listen," Dwight said, his eyes darting around the office. "Where's it coming from?"

 

"Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

Jim ran a hand over his mouth and pushed away his grin as he closed out of his Word doc.

Dwight pushed his chair back abruptly and looked under the desk. Jim quickly whipped his phone away from his lap and laid it on his keyboard.

 

"It's coming from under the desk Jim."

 

"What?" Jim pushed back and looked under the desk as well. "Dwight there is no baby under our desk...now what are you talking about?"

 

Turning towards the camera, Jim smirked and the camera guy nearly lost it. He loved it when that happened.

 

Dwight shook his head in confusion. "It's coming from right here, Jim."

 

"Maybe you should check the bathrooms."

 

"Jim that doesn't make any sense. The sound is coming from under our desks...there's a baby here...somewhere.....Does anyone else hear a baby!" Dwight shouted to the office proper.

 

Stanley quiet retort came as an indictment. "I think I do..."

 

"Where! Where is it?"

 

"I'm staring right at it..." Stanley said again before returning to his cross-word.

 

"Dwight. There's absolutely no baby under our desk," Jim said. "I looked, so..."

 

"Damn it Jim...Ok...listen to me, this is exactly what I'm talking about. My Laser Tag buddies and I...we read about this. Sometimes there are holes created in the time continuum. When that happens, human beings can become stuck in another dimension."

 

Mmm...yes. Please do share more.

"Seriously?"

 

"Yes. And when that happens, sometimes you don't get all of their parts....sometimes it's an arm, or a leg, sometimes...their voice."

 

"What?...No way Dwight."

 

"Fine...don't believe me."

 

"Dwight, I'm not saying I don't believe you...I'm just..." he sighed. "It sounds like a baby."

 

"Babies time travel too Jim."

 

Well if that wasn't the best information he'd gotten all week. He was going to print that out and make a banner to put over Jill's crib. Babies Time Travel Too

 

"Oh...no, right...right."

 

"What we need to do is find an expert in time travel."

 

"Wait..." Jim said holding up a finger. "Wait a second...this is reminding me of something...Oh my God, I can't believe I didn't think of this before...."

 

"What is it Jim...we don't have time to waist on something you saw on Star Trek....that show was proven to be inaccurate."

 

"No, no...I remember reading something when I was a kid, about how babies could see ghosts. Do you think...do you think that maybe babies can see people in other dimensions too? I mean wouldn't that make sense, knowing what we know about dimensions?"

 

Dwight glanced around to a make sure no one else was looking, suddenly concerned that they might be overheard. He was so into the conspiracy of it, Jim thought. "Where did you read this?"

 

"Journal of Science."

 

Dwight nodded. "Eff."

 

"Dwight...here's what I'm thinking...God - I don't know, this might be...completely and totally crazy," Jim said shaking his head for effect.

 

"What? Just tell me."

 

"What if we called Pam, and had her bring Jill in to try and find the other dimension baby? Would that work?"

 

"You'd risk that?"

 

Jim frowned. "I'm sorry?"

 

"Jim...I don't think you realize what you're saying. This could be dangerous. This baby..." Dwight sighed. "This baby could be an alien."

 

"An alien?"

 

How did this keep getting better?

 

"Yes...I mean judging by the sounds and intonations....it certainly doesn't sound like English the child was speaking."

 

Watch it Schrute. That's Jill and she's adorable.

 

"It could have been another native earthling language, but sometimes...sometimes what we're dealing with in terms of time travel are in fact extra terrestrials."

 

"Wow."

 

"Are you still willing?"

 

Jim pursed his lips looked down for a moment and pretended to mull it over. "I have to...I have to do this right?...We can't just leave some alien baby stranded in a time continuum hole.......I mean now that I'm a father, Dwight...God, what the baby's dad must be feeling..."

 

Dwight sighed and held out his hand. "I didn't expect such bravery...thank you Jim."

 

Jim regarded his outstretched hand and had a moment...a very brief moment of conscience. He shook it anyway. "I'll call Pam."

 

The phone rang three times before Pam picked up. He was way too excited about this. He took a deep breath when she picked up. "Hey, it's me."

 

"Hey...What's going on?"

 

"Listen it's...Pam it's been...wow, a crazy, crazy morning."

 

The lift in her voice was almost palpable. "Really! Ooh, double crazy, huh? Did Michael do something? What's going on? Is it something with Jan?"

 

He tried not to grin. Pam was practically salivating on the other end of the line. The girl was desperate for a good prank - she just didn't know it.

 

"No, no...bigger than that Pam. Something completely unexpected." Again, Jim had to take a deep cleansing breath so he wouldn't laugh. "Dwight and I...Listen, Dwight and I discovered that there may be an alien child living in another time continuum -

 

"A hole, a hole," Dwight hissed at him, making sure he relayed the information accurately.

 

"A hole in the time continuum...and it's living under our desk. We can't see it...but Pam, we know it's there. We can hear it...it's saying something like "Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

Jim mimicked his daughter's high-pitched song. She couldn't say mommy or daddy in any discernable fashion but there are certain sounds that she made and this was such a favorite of his that he'd quickly created scenarios where it might be possible to get audio of her on his phone. He'd succeeded just a few days prior.

 

"Oh my God...You are so bad," Pam said giggling on the other end. "I knew that no good could come of you recording her doing that."

 

"Well here's the thing," Jim said struggling to keep a straight face. "Dwight and I know that babies can see people in other dimensions."

 

"Right...common knowledge.......Oh my God," she said bursting into laughter again. Jim subtly slipped the volume down on the speaker of his phone so that Dwight wouldn't hear it.

 

"So we need Jill. Pam...Pam, don't yell!" Jim pulled the phone away from his ear and looked at Dwight desperately. "She's...she doesn't like this. I'm not sure I'm gonna be able to convince her..."

 

Dwight nodded soberly, as if Pam losing it on the other end of the line was completely understandable given the peril her child would put in.

 

Jim sighed and returned the receiver to his ear. "Pam...Just listen ok...It's not gonna be that dangerous."

 

"Don't lie to her Jim," Dwight muttered.

 

"I'm really turned on right now" Pam said quietly on the other end. "You know that right...what are you wearing?"

Jim covered his mouth for a moment and tried to make the laughter in his eyes look like pain...tears. "Just bring her down here...and I promise nothing will happen to her....and all your questions will be answered. Just...just follow our lead and everything will be fine."

 

"Oh my God, I'm so excited!" Pam squealed. Jim heard her clap. "Ok...we'll be there in a half hour."

 

"Thank you Pam," Jim said soberly. "Thank you so much." He hung up the phone. "She's coming."

 

Jim hit the audio button his cell phone once more. "Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

"Good. We don't have much time to waste."

~~~~~~~

 

True to her word, Pam showed up almost immediately at the half-hour. Jill in her stroller with a bottle in her hands. Her big green eyes darted around without removing the bottle from her lips.

 

Jim kissed Pam on the cheek. "Pam...thank God you're here."

 

Pam's eyes were full of worry. "Jim, I don't know about this...the more I thought about it on the way over - the more I started to worry......I mean what if it happens again?"

 

Jim smiled at her. What are you doing? I like it. .

 

Dwight rose from his chair and walked over to them slowly, vibrant interest shown in his eyes. "What if what happens again, Pam?...Jim what are you not telling me? I need to know exactly what's going on if this is going to work."

 

Jim nodded stoicly as if giving her the go ahead to share very personal information with Dwight. He had no idea what she was about to share...but it was going to be so, so, so good.

 

He knelt in front of Jill's stroller and kissed the baby on the forehead, "How's my Jilly Bean..."

 

She smiled and Jim couldn't resist playing her new favorite game. He pretended he was going to steal her bottle and she gave him a gummy grin as a reward. He did it again...one more time...one more...she giggled and milky spit bubbles gathered on her lips. He almost wiped it away with his tie, but then remembered he was at work...

 

It was weird. Sometimes seeing his daughter in other settings, made him realize all over again how freaking adorable she was.

 

"We haven't told anyone about this," Pam was saying as he tried to cue back into performance mode.

 

Dwight said, "It's ok....you can tell me," and Jim stood up.

 

Jill was wiggling around, trying to get out of her stroller and Pam shot Jim a look that clearly said, ‘See what you did?' but quickly morphed back into character.

 

"Well...at first we thought it was nothing, but now...lately we've been thinking that maybe Jill...Maybe she got some of Jim's special powers."

 

Jim folded his arms across his chest. My wife, ladies and gentlemen. Is she hot or is she hot?

 

Dwight glanced immediately at the coat wrack near the reception desk, unveiled anger written on his face. "You mean the power to move things."

 

"Yes..." Pam said literally ringing her hands. "I mean she's still so little so it's hard to tell...but sometimes there will be things moved...." She looked down at Jill. Her eyes shown brightly with concern. "Like...I'll know that I put her bottle in her crib and then suddenly it's on the floor...or her bear...every now and then her bear will wind up on the coffee table when he was on the couch with her...all these crazy things...I just....I just hope it's not true. Jim had such a hard time of it as a kid - being made fun of because of his powers....Jim, I don't want the same thing for her....I'm sorry."

 

Jim bit his lip, nodded. Dwight sighed and put a hand on his shoulder. Jim nearly died.

 

Oh Pam... unfreakingbelievable. I want you...like now.

 

Jill did have the power to move things...not with her mind though - no she just had good aim. If she found something the slightest bit tiresome it was gone in a flash. They'd talked about signing her up for T-ball asap.

 

"But I'm wondering," Pam continued. "If what you're saying is true...about babies seeing other babies from different dimensions...what if - what if someone from another dimension has been coming in to our home and moving things around. I mean what if it's not special powers at all..."

 

Pam watched Jim's eyes widen and she wondered briefly if she'd taken it too far. The answer to her question was swift though. He immediately wrapped his arms around her. She knew in a show of comfort, but when he whispered something really dirty in her ear she had to hide her smile in the bend of his shoulder.

 

Dwight came back into view and Jim pulled away. She wished for a moment for the warmth of him again, but knew they were kind of on the clock here. She watched Dwight kneel down in front of Jill. Scrutinize her as a scientist might scrutinize a cell under a microscope. Jill however, paid him no attention and instead searched for the bottle that had fallen on the carpet. Pam picked it up and sat it on the reception counter before the baby could get to it.

 

Jill scoffed at the 5 second rule. Forty-five seconds were more than acceptable.

 

Pam watched as Jim moved out of Dwight's line of vision and quickly placed one of his Bobble-Head's under the desk. The Dwight Bobble-Head.

 

"Jill...Jill if there's someone from another dimension that's bothering you - you can tell us."

 

Pam turned wide-eyed towards Jim. She'd forgotten how innocent Dwight sometimes was...An attack of conscience took hold of her. "Dwight -

 

Jim shook his head and squeezed her hand hard. His eyes clearly saying, ‘Do not back out now just because it's been awhile since you've been around him. This is too good! Buck up Beesly!'

"She won't say anything Dwight...she can't talk," Pam said quietly.

 

"Supposedly," Dwight spat.

 

Ugh...conscience-shmonsince. "So what do we do now?" Pam asked.

 

"I don't know," Jim said shaking his head. "It's not like any of us have ever had to do this..."

 

Dwight stood up. "I wouldn't expect either one of you to know. Don't worry...like I said I've done extensive research. Wikipedia explains the entire process...and while they didn't mention using babies, I imagine it's very much the same way a police officer would use a dog."

 

Pam frowned. "You want Jill to sniff out the alien baby?"

 

"Precisely."

 

"But how are we going to do that when we don't have anything that the alien baby was wearing?" Jim asked naively.

 

"Jim don't say ‘was'...we have no reason to believe the baby is dead."

 

"Oh...right."

 

Jim clicked the audio on the cell phone in his pocket. "Ahaaaaaaoh!"

Pam nearly broke. "Oh my God...was that..."

 

"That's the baby," Dwight said nodding at Pam's unspoken question.

 

"She sounds...happy at least."

 

"Are you kidding Pam? That's an obvious distress call...Now, what we need to do, is let Jill crawl under the desk and sniff around. Once she's done that...I'm sure she'll be able to point us in the right direction."

 

Jim cleared his throat and walked to the front of the stroller once more, he unfastened the belt around Jill's little belly and hoisted her out of the stroller. He held her up and said with all stoicism, "Jill...save the alien baby - save the world."

 

Jim started to walk her towards the desk when Pam practically leapt in front of him. "Wait...wait...I just...Can I just..."

 

Without words, Jim handed Pam the baby, and she kissed Jill on the forehead and the cheeks and her little wet lips. Jill quickly tried to gum her chin to death.

 

Jill was a very messy kisser indeed.

 

"Be careful Jilly....Ok? Mommy loves you so much."

 

Jill lovingly patted mommy's face in response. Slobbery fingers leaving tracks on her cheeks before she passed her back to Jim. "Do what you have to do."

 

Jim met Pam's eyes and nodded once before moving towards his desk and sitting Jill down on the floor. "Ok Jill...crawl under."

 

She immediately began to crawl, slowly at first, but then quicker. In seconds she was between his desk and Dwight's.

 

Jim found himself getting a bit choked up. He whispered as quietly as he could when he took Pam's hand in his, "Her first prank."

 

Dwight stuck his head under the desk and shouted. "Do you see anything? Anything at all that will tell us which dimension the baby is in!"

 

"Which dimension?" Jim asked, leaning down as well.

 

"There are several Jim...obviously."

 

"Obviously," Pam whispered so only Jim could hear, "Dumbie..." and he reached behind her to pinch her tush in response. She jumped and scooted away.

Dwight sighed after a moment of complete silence from Jill. "Why isn't she saying anything?"

 

"She can't talk," Pam reiterated.

 

"So you say..."

 

"I have an idea!" Jim said suddenly. "We could..." he interrupted himself with the sound of his cellphone..."Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

Dwight flipped out and ran back to the desk. "Jill! Jill did you hear that!"

 

Jim leaned down, staring under the desk. "What is that she has...is that...Dwight is that your Bobble-Head?"

 

"No, I....I specifically remember that being on my desk. Jill...don't - I specifically arranged them so that -

 

"Oh my God...it's happening," Pam said, leaning into Jim as if she suddenly needed support to stand.

 

He rubbed her back. "Don't panic Pam."

 

"What do you mean don't panic? Jim....this is exactly what I'm talking about! I think it's true..."

 

A light bulb seemed to turn on behind Dwight's eyes and he got on his hands and knees and peered in at Jill. "Jill...Jill....is the baby living inside the Bobble-Head? Is the Bobble-Head a key to another dimension? A port hole?"

 

Pam suddenly slipped into a coughing convulsion. Jim looked at his shoes and smiled. Jill hit the Bobble-head and Jim could barely get to the cell phone button quick enough.

 

"Ahaaaaaaoh!"

 

"Oh my God..." Dwight said, struck by the weight of it all. "This is......unbelievable."

 

"Yes," Jim said nearly choking on it.

 

Dwight rose to his full height and regarded Jim and Pam. Unshed tears swam in his eyes...actual tears. "Do you understand what this means?"

 

"You have to get rid of all your Bobble-Heads? Take them home?" Jim said, fingers crossed behind his back as he shut his eyes in hope.

 

"Of course not Jim...Don't be stupid."

 

"Oh....," Jim said quietly.

 

Dwight sighed a joyful kind of sigh. "They've chosen me...I've been honored by the aliens...my Bobble-Heads are their perfect haven. They're not stuck in another dimension at all. They've chosen it - me."

 

"Wow," both Pam and Jim said at once.

 

Dwight turned and gingerly pulled Jill out from under the desk. He actually allowed her to carry the Bobble-Head that was his namesake as she sat on his hip. He'd never allowed anyone to touch it before, Jim thought.

 

A soft smile played on Dwight's lips. "Thank you Jill...they recognized a gentle spirit in you and felt comfortable enough to show themselves...thank you."

 

Pam and Jim's shared glances could almost not contain the shock and amusement that hummed like an electrical current through them both. Tonight... This. This was going to be hours and hours of fun.

 

Dwight took a deep breath and handed Jill back to Pam. "I...I have to go um...talk to...accounting. They may need this information for...tax purposes."

 

Pam smiled knowingly. "Ok...sure, Dwight."

 

Jim walked over to her, twirled a strand of hair around his finger and then tucked it behind her ear. "Beesly...that...wow....I don't even know what to say. That powers thing...Oh my God."

 

She giggled. "I know...and Jill!"

 

"Shut up Jill!" Jim said kissing the baby's forehead. "From now on...you're coming to work with Daddy...obviously you've been holding out on me, and no more....I need a partner and clearly you're overqualified."

 

"She got like all of our prank genes," Pam said happily.

 

"I know right...unbelievable."

 

Pam leaned against the reception desk. "So...I was thinking...what if...what if you had an old partner?"

 

With eyebrows lifted, Jim put his hands in his pockets. "You thinking of someone specific or..."

 

"I don't know," Pam said shrugging. "I was wondering if maybe I could talk Michael into like...a part time thing."

 

"Yeah?"

 

"Yeah...I don't know. Just...that way I could be here, but also I wouldn't have to be away from Jilly too much," she said kissing her little cheek. "It could work right?"

 

Jim reached out and rubbed Jilly's head. Big golden brown curls clung to his fingers in slippery wisps. "I think I really like that idea."

 

"Well too bad you didn't think of it...so...suck it."

 

"Wow...I...really? That's..."

 

She smiled up at him, and pressed up to her tiptoes so she could meet his mouth with her own. Their kiss was sweet and chaste...they were in the office after all, but it was full of hints for something more to come...later. When they could rehash their genius minute by minute...reveling in each other.

 

Pam got tingly just thinking about it.

 

Jim licked his lips as he pulled away and glanced at the stroller. "How about we get out of here...I promised Jill a little duck feeding."

 

"Perfect," Pam said as she slipped Jill inside the stroller. "Are you sure though? What if Dwight needs her to sniff out more alien babies?"

 

Jim chuckled and pulled his phone out of his pocket. He hit the audio one last time and watched Dwight come running from the accounting section of the office.

 

He was speaking lovingly to his Bobble-Head as they walked out of the office.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans