- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Written for Traceace for Christmas. Also, thanks to Leah, Scott, and Melly for playing beta.

Disclaimer: The Office and it's respective characters do not belong to me. This is for fun, not profit. 

"I think we did good today," Pam decided.

"Just good? I think we did great," Karen amended, chuckling as she watched the other woman try and reach for streamers that were hung way above her head.

Pam turned around and made a face at her, wrinkling up her nose and giving her a lopsided smile. "Yeah, I guess you're right."

They were the only two left in the office as everyone else had left a long time ago. They'd lingered over the food, leaning against the table as they picked at the leftovers. After a while, they started to clean up.

"You know, there's still quite a bit of the margaritas left. Maybe we should drink them," Karen suggested.

"I don't know.. I mean, I have to drive..."

"Oh, don't worry. I hardly put any alcohol in them."

Then why was she feeling such a buzz in her head?

"Okay, sure. I guess one more wouldn't hurt me.."



"I forgot about the mistletoe..." She pointed up, then looked back over at Karen, giggling in a way that signaled she was plenty drunk.

Without even thinking twice about it, Karen declared, "A celebratory kiss! For the committee that plans parties." And, Pam found herself nodding in agreement until the other woman crossed over to her and pecked her on the lips. Well, it was supposed to be a peck, but Karen lost her balance a little - maybe she'd put more vodka in the drinks than she remembered - and Pam ended up pressed against the door frame. Karen grabbed at her hips accidentally, lips sliding across Pam's, before she finally stood up again. Her cheeks were flushed and her lipstick was a little smeared. Pam almost couldn't move.

"Oops. Sorry.. Lost m'balance," Karen mumbled, flashing her an embarrassed grin. Pam frowned faintly and waved her off.

"Oh, it's fine. You'll be okay to drive, though, right?" Pam asked, finally peeling herself off of the door frame.

"Yep. Jus' fine."

Pam found herself licking her lips and started blushing as she hurried out towards reception to start gathering her things. Karen didn't take as long and ended up leaning her hip against Jim's desk, waiting. When Pam looked up, Karen was watching her. She didn't even look away when Pam caught her, which threw her off; made her nervous. She shot Karen a nervous smile as she shut down her computer.

"You don't have to wait..."

"No. It's okay. I don't mind."

Pam walked around the opposite side of reception and over to Karen. She rocked back on her heels for a moment before gesturing towards the door. "Ready?"

"Yeah," Karen murmured, though she didn't move to leave. She was starting to make Pam a little uncomfortable and it wasn't until Pam opened her mouth to speak again that she realized Karen's eyes were on her lips instead of... well... the rest of her face. For some reason, it made her a little dizzy.

"Uhhh.." Pam hadn't noticed Karen's legs sticking out just slightly, crossed at the ankles, and thus, almost tripped over them as she started to make her getaway. She grabbed for Karen's shoulder as she started to fall and immediately felt two hands firmly grasping at her hips again. "Oh!" she gasped, as she struggled to steady herself.

"I'm sorry. I didn't realize that.. I-" Her words died in her throat as she looked up at Karen. She was mere inches away from her and she swore she saw a flash of tongue between her lips. As a distraction, Pam started to count the freckles on Karen's nose. She got to seven before she realized she still hadn't moved and was awkwardly standing over her legs. Karen shifted, sitting back a bit more on Jim's desk, and Pam finally managed to stand up. Between Karen's knees.

"Um..." Her eyes flicked up to Karen's, which were focused on her lips again. This time it was Pam that leaned in first. She hesitated when her lips touched Karen's, but she relaxed when she felt the tentative touch of tongue against her teeth. Her first thought was This is different. and her second was This is nice. She was beginning to think that maybe there'd been more alcohol in those margaritas than she'd first thought. But, then she felt the tips of Karen's fingers nudging up the bottom of her sweater and any rational thought went out the door.

Pam's eyes fluttered shut as Karen traced her fingers along the rise of her hipbones and her lips parted just enough for Karen to slip her tongue between them.

Oh. Pam didn't even feel like she was inside her own body anymore; like someone else was controlling it and she was just along for the ride. Her hands were already sliding up into Karen's hair by the time she realized she'd even started moving. She was tugged closer by her hips and, before she knew it, their positions were switched, the edge of the desk biting into her back until she shifted to actually sit on the top of it. This is so... not good. Except that it was.

Her hands had slipped down to Karen's shoulders during the switch and she couldn't keep them from drifting down just a bit lower, then lifting up slightly as she cupped her breasts over her shirt. It wasn't long before she started to unbutton it with shaky hands, slowly moving down until she couldn't undo any more buttons and had to pull Karen's shirt from out of her pants.

Pam glanced up nervously and saw Karen still watching her, though her eyes seemed just a little bit darker. She could feel Karen's palms pressing against her hips, fingers wrapping around her waist underneath her sweater, and Pam hesitantly pushed the other woman's shirt aside. Karen's bra was white and rather lacy and Pam lightly ran her fingers over it, enjoying the warmth that was radiating from underneath the silky fabric. Even as she noticed that Karen's breasts were smaller than hers, she liked the way they filled her hands completely, nipples pressing into the center of her palms, and wondered how Jim's hands looked there and if he knew that barely rubbing the pad of your thumb against her nipples made her gasp. He probably did and that thought alone urged her on for some reason.

She vaguely felt Karen's hands pushing her sweater up just enough to get her hands past her ribs and goosebumps rose up on her skin, so she reached down to pull her closer. She was surprised when Karen moved between her thighs, hands dropping down to inch the hem of her skirt up and over her knees, but didn't push her away.

She found herself asking, "Where else do you have freckles?" just before she kissed her again.

Karen didn't answer - couldn't, really, with Pam kissing her again - and, instead, tipped her head back, letting Pam kiss over her chin and down her throat.

Pam gasped, breath skating over damp skin, when she felt Karen slip her hands over her thighs, still inching her skirt up. She was so focused on trying to play 'connect-the-dots' with the sprinkle of freckles that was hidden on Karen's shoulder that she didn't hear the door open and shut softly; didn't hear the scuffle of shoes against the rug or the empty sound of a mouth dropping open in shock. She did hear the nervous sound of someone clearing there throat, followed by a rather loud, "Um..." and her head shot up.

"You kn-- I..." He flailed weakly, gesturing first at them then back to the door, and half-turned to leave again, because, really, what else was he supposed to do? "That's my desk."

Before Pam could even reply, say that she was just drunk and she really needed to get home, Karen spoke. "Yeah, I know it is."


sideviewhotel is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Way Number Three Hundred and Twenty-Five also liked 727 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans