- Text Size +

yes-  her smile assures him of her happiness and the fact that he made her laugh.

        she’s the best friend who will listen to the everyday problems.

        she’s the one who fell asleep, her head perfectly glued to his shoulder.

        those are the days when nothing can go wrong and no one can interfere:

        the rift between then has grown.

 

NO- This occurs when others get in the way.  It’s no really their choice, it just happens like that time he realizes he’s holding her hand, leaning in towards her.  Then there are the silences, the ones where seconds mean the truth even if nothing is spoken.  The breakroom: he should have.  The boat: he should have.  That night:  he did, only to be caused unbearable pain.

 

 Maybe so…She said ‘no’ with an ‘I can’t’ and ‘yes’ with a kiss.  But now, it’s a maybe.  And he’s caught in a horrible lie that sooner or later will be unveiled.  She’s too smart with her wit and beauty and understanding.  She will leave eventually.  For now he waits.  It’s her turn, her move.  Then maybe instead of no it will be yes, and she will be there by his side, hand in hand, smiling.  Because her smile means yes and he will wait, he will always wait, because he has never known anything else.

 

Chapter End Notes:
please rate and review and check out my other stories.


amelie is the author of 7 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans