- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Rayne for the idea. A Toby fanfic

Toby goes home. His little daughter Sasha is at his mother’s tonight. He went through a painful divorce with his wife. He loved her very much and he never really understood why she didn’t love him as much as he loved her back. It had been a while since he had thought about another girl, but tonight all he thought about was Pam. How nice she was, and how if she were with him how happy he would be. He went to Poor Richard’s because he knew Pam was going. He hated the fact that she was back with Roy (little did Toby know there was someone else in the office who hated that Pam was back with Roy)…..

So he went. He thought maybe they’d get to know each other better, and maybe he would get to be her friend. Back before the merger, he’d always see Jim and Pam laughing and pulling pranks on Dwight. He never understood what made Pam gravitate to Jim so much, but he’d never really thought about it. All he new was that he wanted to be Pam’s new Jim. He wanted to be around her. Wanted to make her smile. Wanted to make her laugh.

 

So he went. As they were walking in together, Pam commented on how much she loved a stuffed yellow duck in one of those machines where you pay 50 cents and you get 30 seconds to grab what ever you want in there. If you don’t pick anything, you just lost 50 cents.

 

All Toby wanted to do was make Pam happy. Well, happy with him. He went to the bartender.

 

“Hi, can I have 10 dollars in quarters please?”

 

The bartender looked at him like he was insane.

 

“OK Sir”, said the bartender.

 

Well, Toby spent 10 dollars but never ended up with that duck. He went back to the bartender:

 

“20 dollars in quarters, please.”

 

The bartender obliged. Heck, he was getting rid of quarters he could never get rid of, so it was worthwhile to him.

 

Well, sufficient to say, Toby wasted 30 dollars total now. But he had to have that duck.

 

“50 dollars in quarters, please”

 

The bartender looked at him.

 

“Are you sure you want 100 quarters?”

 

“Positive”.

 

“OK then.” The bar tender gave him 100 more. 54 quarters afterwords, Toby got that duck.

 

“Toby! Yes!”. Things had been turning out alright these past few days.

 

He brought the duck to Pam.

 

“Hey Toby, where were you? I was looking forward to talking to you tonight.”

 

He handed her the duck.

 

“Hey, don’t you have a daughter?”

 

Toby nodded.

 

Toby drove home with that stupid duck. He was an idiot for trying to please her with it.

 

He went inside. Dropped the duck on the couch. At least Sasha would like it.

There was a message on his machine.

 

“Hi, Toby.  This is Rayne. Look, I think we should get back together. You were so good to me and I don’t know why I ever left. Call me back. Love You”

 

Beep.

 

And then Toby got it. Why Jim gravitated to Pam so much.

 

He picked up his cell phone. He dialed the number he had programmed in his Motorola.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Hi Jim, It’s Toby”

 

“Are you OK???? What’s up?”

 

“If you love her, you gotta tell her, because she loves you back.”

 

Jim was stunned.

 

“Pam doesn’t love me”

 

“Just tell her, trust me”

 

“How do you know?”

 

Toby hung up. He had said all he needed to say.

 

The next day Toby was back with Rayne, and Pam was with Jim.

 

Toby smiled to himself when Jim walked through the door holding Pam’s hand.

 

“Toby!Yes!”

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you liked it! Please review!!


Office O Holic is the author of 4 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans