- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer:  I don't own anything office related.
“You know, I just realized I’m wearing a skirt,” Pam said through her teeth as they stood at the entrance to the moon bounce. 

“No chickening out.  You’re a lady, you’ll figure something out.  C’mon, the castle beckons,” he pulled the mesh door out of the way for her.

“Fine,” she said as she climbed in.  “I could totally tell from that giddy grin on your face that you couldn’t wait to get in here.”

She was holding her arms at her sides as she bounced, careful not to show more leg than intended. 

Jim imitated the way she was pressing her skirt to her legs.  “Oh come on, that pencil skirt isn’t going anywhere.  I’ll bet you could bounce all you wanted and it wouldn’t budge.”

“How do you know what a pencil skirt is?”

“I just do.  It’s a skirt shaped like a pencil.  We work within the realm of office supplies, Pam.  If I didn’t know what a pencil skirt was, do you think I would be as knowledgeable a salesman as I am?”

She playfully narrowed her eyes at him and released her grip on the black fabric.  He was right, it barely moved.  “See?  Told you so.  Now you have to do a flip,” he said as he jumped, trying not to fall.

“No way.  I can’t even do that sober when I’m in jeans.  There will be no flipping,” Pam wanted to change the subject because acrobatics were not her strong suit.  “Can you believe Michael thought he could land safely on this thing?”

“I know!  Sometimes I think ‘Michael Scarn’ takes over Michael Scott’s body and he thinks he can jump out or off of things without a parachute,”  Jim said as he lined himself up across from her and started to jump harder and higher, making her lose her footing a little.

“Hey! Are you trying to double bounce me?”  Pam said as she met his rhythm.  “I can’t guarantee I won’t fall.”  She wasn’t drunk by any means, but as soon as she said that, she lost her balance and down she went, taking Jim out with her.  He landed right on top of her, but had put his hands out on either side of her to break his fall.  She giggled with her eyes closed, but stopped when their surroundings stopped moving.  She opened her eyes to see him hovering above her, staring intently at her as if in a haze. 

He moved his gaze to her lips as he said “Sorry,” in a somber voice just above a whisper.  Jim started to shift his weight in order to get up but her hands grasped his tie and he froze.

“Don’t be.”  She had a small contented smile across her lips.  She lowered her gaze to his tie as her hands traveled up around his neck and into his hair.  Her eyes came back up to his briefly before she pulled him towards her for a soft kiss, and then another.

“What are you doing?” he asked in the same voice he had used before.

“I don’t know…” but she did know. “It felt right.”  Her fingers were playing with his hair as he nodded in agreement.  He leaned toward her and kissed her, this time with more fervor as he scooped her up in his arms, pressing his body against hers. 

Chapter End Notes:

updating as i go, but i can't believe the time got away from me!  i've got to set up a birthday party for my little beaders that are coming to the shop in an hour!  will upload asap.  thanks for the reviews!  i love getting them but i won't beg.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans