- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Another oneshot I only posted on livejournal and am now putting on here for safekeeping.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

----------------

He does this thing. He tries to say something ridiculous with a sincere voice, but he starts to laugh halfway through whatever it is he’s trying to say. The laughter bubbles up into his words, making them jump around and they sound like those mornings where your eyes open full of anticipation for the coming day. His teeth shine under afternoon sun and he tilts his head back a little, closing his eyes and spreading his long eyelashes out onto his skin.

It makes me want to swallow him whole. No, it makes me want to become a miner and mine my way through the caverns of his heart and find diamonds or just bury myself there.

He does this other thing. He leans against things. It makes the world seem effortless to him. It makes him seem like he’s holding up everything (the sky, me) there just by leaning. The slant of his shoulders as he leans against doorjambs or walls or cars makes me think of a mountain with some insurmountable summit that I can only dream of ever reaching. He folds his arms across his chest and looks at me with clear, honest eyes.

It makes me want to wrap myself up in him. No, it makes me want to go days and days or maybe weeks without seeing him until every face has his features, until I hear his voice in the middle of radio static, until he’s standing at my door and there’s nothing to do but say, “You, you, you,” and let him become half of me again.

He does this one other thing. He smiles.

It makes me want to love him. No, it makes me want to have my last breath taken from my lungs while I’m watching him standing in front of a sun filled window, watching the light catch stray hairs and the way it turns the tips of his ears sort of orange and then I’d breathe in and just stop and he’d just eternally be this looming, orange tinged shadow of love.


unfold is the author of 102 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked This Thing also liked 1428 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans