- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ok, so I originally wrote a short story similar to this for my livejournal where it's been sitting there for...a while. After reading a couple of Jim and Pam fics, however, I realized how much that story and the JAM story line have in common. After some tweaking later, viola! you get what you have in front of you. Tell me what you think, feedback is love. Thanks again for reading my story!
-----
I don't own 'The Office' or anything 'Office' related, I don't even own Jim *sigh*. I just wrote this story and that's it. : )
Goodbye baby boo, I'm leaving tomorrow and never coming back. In a couple of hours, I'll be staring at the puffy cotton ball and cotton candy shaped clouds, up so high in the air. I can see your warm, hazel eyes brimming with those sad, crystal tears and I see one slip and slide down your pale cheeks as I told you I was starting a new path.

I remember telling you in my quiet little room with the rain tapping gently on the window pane on that cold, cold day. Rain rain go away, come again another day. The day before I asked you to become my lover, my girl, and was met with no response. On that wet day I was tempted to ask you again but held back, but what for? Rejection? Was I just scared that you would turn me away, or was I afraid of another open answer, never a yes or no?

So instead I kissed your tender shoulder and watched your sated body start to rise up and down as you fell fast asleep.

I felt ready to take a leap for you even though my friends thought I was foolish. They made fun of me for wimping out on giving you that Christmas card that displayed my true feelings, poked fun at me for being such a sucker for your pretty face, kept on reminding me that you're 'in love' with a different man.

If you'd said yes, I can imagine years down the road flashes of a future: your pearl white wedding dress skimming across the cold church floor as I wait for you, my heart swelling with uncontainable joy, picking up our teenage son from his first dance, his face glowing with happiness as he recounts the night's events, you looking at me with a little twinkle in your eye while we walk on a sandy beach with the wind blowing through your gentle gray streaked hair, looking as beautiful and stunning as the day I met you.

As I stand in the airport terminal tomorrow, I know I can't stay any longer. My future is calling. I'll look down onto your face and see such emotion lying deep within your eyes. However, as I'm about to board my plane that's taking me to a far away place, I'll pose this question to you.

I love you, love. Do you love me back?

If rejection is the answer, it's ok I understand. I hope that I'll be the one that got away like how you were the one I left behind.


starstrucklove is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked A Question to A Lover also liked 383 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans