- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I guess I'm still obliged to mention that this chapter contains spoilers for Beach Games, but if you haven't seen it yet, than seriously, what are you still doing here?

“…I miss having fun with you. Just you, not everyone in the circle. Okay, I am going to go walk in the water now. Yeah. It’s a good day.”

Pam finished her bold speech and headed for the lake to cool off her still-burning feet.

She only had to wait a few seconds before Jim was there next to her. He was probably saying something important, but she was just distracted by the sight of his face in the moonlight. And whatever it was that he was saying probably didn't matter that much because when she reached up to kiss him he reciprocated eagerly.

Their kiss was long and slow and passionate and long. It was better than any other kiss she had ever had in her life. But it ended too soon when Karen started screaming from the shore. She wouldn't come in after them because the water was cold, but she stood on the edge of the lake and cussed them out like a sailor.

"Karen! Stop! You're ruining everything!" Phyllis yelled, coming out from behind the bushes where she had secretly been watching the reunion of her favorite co-workers. With a savage shout, she scooped Karen up and ran off with her toward the coals.

Luckily for Karen, Ryan came to her rescue before it was too late. This proved to be a fateful moment for the two of them.

On the day Karen interviewed for the position at corporate, Ryan announced to the entire office that he was leaving Kelly for Karen. Kelly promptly died of shock. Feeling repentant, Angela offered to take care of all the funeral arrangements for Kelly. She even respected the wishes of the dead and purchased a pink coffin.

On the night of Karen and Ryan's first month-a-versary, she asked him why he had jumped into the coals after her.

"You were too hot to die," he replied nonchalantly.

She just smiled. He was right.

Phyllis got off easy for her botched murder plot. Especially considering the fact that lack of funds had led her to hire Dwight as her lawyer.

And Jim and Pam lived happily ever after--until their wedding was overrun by a pack of werewolves.

Dwight was the only one who survived to tell the tale.

But the fact that he was the only one left meant he was instantly promoted to Regional Manager. This helped him get over his heartache at losing his Monkey. He hired Mose as the sole member of the sales department, and replaced everyone else with temps. He kept costs down by not having a medical plan, and never letting his employees stay longer than six months. 

The End.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you've enjoyed reading this, despite the fact that it clearly guarantees me a spot in the loony bin. Umm...reviews are nice. Oh, and a happy Finale Thursday to you all! ;)


Azlin is the author of 27 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked The Agonizing Angst of True Love Gone Awry: a cautionary tale in ten parts also liked 662 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans