- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to everyone who's reviewed! I'm so glad you don't think I'm completely crazy.

“Um. Okay, bye!” Pam said suddenly.

“Oh yeah, I should, I should, I should probably go too.”

“No, I was um…”

“Oh, no no.”

“You have to go?”

“Yeah, uh, well.”

“No, I should probably go too.”

“Okay.”

“I mean, yeah.”

“Yeah. Bye Pam.”

“Bye--actually, hey Halpert? Are you still there?”

“Yeah, I’m here. What is it?

“Um…I just wanted to say that I didn’t marry Roy.”

“Yeah. I know.”

“Yeah. But, um, I just wanted to tell you that the reason I didn’t marry him was because I didn’t love him. I loved you. I still love you.”

“Oh Beesly! I still love you too!”

“You do?”

“Yes! Beesley, I love you more than anything.”

“Oh Halpert! I love you so much, but we’re so far away from each other. How will we survive this terrible distance?”

“It’s not that far, Beasly. If we both leave now, we can see each other in a few hours.”

“Halpert! You’re a genius. I love you for being such a genius! I’m going to hang up now and start driving.”

“Me too, Beasley. I’ll see you soon!”

Two clicks sounded in different branches of Dunder-Mifflin, as each of the rapturous lovers hastily replaced the receivers of their telephones.

Grabbing their keys they ran toward their cars, then drove toward each other.

But it had been a long day for both of them, and half-way through the drive they were both feeling a little sleepy.

The closest Jim and Pam ever came to being together was sharing a ride in the ambulance.

Their cars, on the other hand, were permanently smooshed together.

When Michael heard the news he considered buying the wreckage and displaying it in the Dunder-Mifflin parking lot as an artistic tribute to a modern-day love story. But considering the fact that they were both totaled, those cars were outrageously expensive.

And he never really read Fine Arts Aficionado Monthly anyway. That had just been for the cameras.

At the double funeral, several of Jim and Pam’s co-workers apparently felt the need to pay homage to their tragic romance by making out with each other.

At various times Kelly and Ryan; Dwight and Angela; Andy and Meredith; Michael and Jan; Michael and Carol; Karen and Ryan; Oscar and Gil; Phyllis and some random guy from the Stamford Branch; and Andy and Karen were all discovered enthusiastically going at it in different closets in the church where the services were held.

Only some of those closets were supply closets.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans