- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Dedicated to McGigi for calling me sweet, and because she said she likes Mary Sues.

Pam couldn’t believe her eyes. Karen had her arm around Jim’s back. Her Jim. The man she had always been in love with. The man she had called off her wedding for. The man who knew every intimate detail about her.

“NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!” In an instant, Pam was running past the camera crew, heedless of her astonished co-workers. When she reached Jim and Karen, Pam promptly shoved Karen down on the pavement and kissed Jim with everything she had.

Karen just sat there stunned for a minute. But she had never been one to give up in a fight. Rising to her feet and summoning up a blood-curdling scream, she prepared to defend her territory.

In a flurry of curls, fingernails, and pantyhose the two women wrestled their way across the parking lot.

But in a few minutes it became clear that Pam was no match for Karen’s superior combat skills. By the time Dwight tried to intervene it was—tragically—too late to save the receptionist.

Seeing Pam lying there dead inspired intense waves of sadness in Jim. He spent the rest of his career alternating between pouring his heart out to Toby about all of his favorite memories of Pam and taking personal days to tend her gravesite.

His career didn’t last very long though because after a few months Michael decided he was depressing everyone else, and bringing down the fun-factor in the office.

So from then on Jim spent all his waking hours at the cemetery. Sometimes he even slept there.

But one day, as he was lying on the grass that covered Pam’s body, he looked up into the blue-grey-violet eyes of a woman with long golden tresses and a perfectly proportioned form.

“Hi! I’m Azlynn!” she announced, with the voice of an angel.

“Azlynn…” Jim repeated reverently. “That’s such a beautiful name.”

“Thank you. So… what are you doing lying down in the middle of the cemetery?”

“I… I’m not sure. All I know is, nothing in my life made sense until I saw your face. You’re so beautiful and amazing and intelligent. Azlynn, will you marry me? I need you. I love you. I want you desperately. Please make me the happiest man in the universe! I’m begging you!”

“Hm…”

“Please!” Jim pleaded.

“Well, okay.”

And with that the pair walked off in the direction of the sunset, secure in the knowledge of their mutual love, and happier than two people should be when one of them has just spent years crying over the grave of his murdered love.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans