- Text Size +
Story Notes:
 

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The summer is here. Jim and Pam have another Beach Day planned. JAM future fic.  S3 spoilers and a reference to an S2 episode.

 

And it's you and me in the summertime

We'll be hand in hand down in the park

With a squeeze & a sigh & that twinkle in your eye

And all the sunshine banishes the dark.

The Sundays, Summertime

 

“Pam?  This is a lot of food for just the two of us.”

“Well, uh, I asked Kelly if she wanted to come.”

“What! You invited Kelly to come to the beach with us?”

“She’s been really down since she and Ryan broke up. I thought it would be nice to invite her.”

“Okay.  So much for a nice quiet picnic at the beach. But this is still a lot of food for just the three of us.”

“Well, Angela might stop by.”

Angela might stop by?!  Are you kidding?”

“She had to put Fluffy down last week.  I thought a picnic might cheer her up.”

Pam!

“She probably won’t come, Jim.  But…just in case. Can you put these blankets in the car and make sure these pies don’t fall over?”

“I can’t imagine Angela eating very much and there’s, like, a gallon of potato salad here. You didn’t invite anyone else, did you?  No one else is coming, right?”

“Well, Toby said that Sasha really likes the beach…”

“So Toby and Sasha are coming?”

“Yes. That’s okay, isn’t it?  Toby didn’t get to come last time.  He missed all the…fun. Do we have room for another beach umbrella and this cute Shrek float I bought yesterday?”

“I guess so.  Why do we need an extra umbrella?  Everyone’s bringing their own stuff, right?  Right, Pam?!

“Yes, Jim, everyone is responsible for their own stuff and meeting us there. But Oscar wants to make sure he’s protected from UV rays and he doesn’t have a beach umbrella.”

“Oscar?”

“Oscar.”

“Is Stanley-?”

“No!”

“Good! ‘Cause I was worried this might be another day at work.”

“Now can you squeeze this twister mat into the back seat?  Meredith said—“

Meredith!! Doesn’t she have kids to take care of on the weekends?”

“Of course, Jim.”

“Good! Whew, you had me scared!”

“She’s bringing them.”

“I have to sit down. I’m feeling dizzy.”

“Okay, but not for too long, we have a lot more stuff to load into the car before we go.  And - look what time it is! Dwight said —“

“DWIGHT IS COMING?”

“He just called to say he located the perfect spot with his GPS and he’s marking his territory.”

“I am not going, Pam!”

“Jim, you have to go!  All this stuff won’t fit in my car.”

“Thanks, Pam.”

“Do you want some aspirin now or do you want to wait until—.”

“Is there anyone else?  What about Kevin and Stacie?”

“Kevin said he would appreciate some space on the weekend.”

“I know just how he feels!”

“Phyllis and Bob Vance are going to a graduation party today.”

“Great!”

“They’re going to stop by after. Did you remember the matches? Last time, it was really hard rubbing those two sticks---”

“Pam, you didn’t – you didn’t ask Creed, did you?  Please say you didn’t!”

“No, of course not, Jim. I didn’t want to ruin our picnic.”

“Hmmmm.  Okay, let’s see – does that leave anyone out?”

“Well, Andy--”

Damn!

“Jim, he doesn’t really know anyone else in Scranton and he overhead me talking to Dwight. I felt bad. Besides, his therapist said he should confront the place he washed ashore last time to overcome --”

“Lord, beer me strength!”

“Right.”

“Pam, Michael isn’t coming, is he?”

“Not unless he monitored email this week. Look, I made chocolate chip cookies for you. Have one.”

 

“Pam?”

“Yes?”

“Do we have enough food for everyone?”

“Maybe we should stop and get some more hot dogs.”

 

Chapter End Notes:

Ahhh…one big happy family.



breadandjam is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans