- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A/N: So, thanks to everyone who wanted me to continue (and the burst of inspiration that made this possible)… the next chapter.

Thanks to WildBerryJam for the beta and for making me smile and giggle like a little girl. And for googling Pepto-Bismol. Because that is just awesome.

            Jim stared after Pam; unable to process what just happened. Pam kissed him. Pam kissed him. How the hell did that happen? And more importantly, why didn’t he grab her, and stop her from leaving. Anything except just standing there like an idiot.

            “Nice.” Kevin said.

            That broke Jim’s trance on the door. He put his last things in his messenger bag, and left, still in a bit of shock.

            He drove home on autopilot. He wasn’t sure how he got there, but all too quickly, he pulled up in front of his house.

            “Karen?” he asked, surprised when she opened the door.

            “Hey silly. Did you forget we had plans tonight? You’re late.”

            “Oh… um, yeah, sorry. Got caught up at the office, you know, Michael,” Jim fumbled around for words, hoping she bought it.

            “Oh, god, yeah. What did he do this time? Decide everyone needed to be lectured about summer clothing?”

            “Low cut as possible for the females,” Jim quipped. What was he thinking about Pam for? It was easy and fun with Karen. He should just push Pam out of his mind and enjoy the evening.

            “God, how did you ever stand it there? I mean, now you’ve got me, but…” Karen cut herself off, knowing what was next. “Anyways, hurry up. I’ve kept the Risotto warm and the wine chilled, so…” Karen lets her voice trail off, noticing the strange look in Jim’s eyes. “Are you okay?”

            “Oh yeah. Sorry. Just let me get changed and then I’ll be down for dinner, it sounds great.” Yeah, this was the right choice, staying with Karen, he decided. He ran upstairs and got out of his work clothes and into something more appropriate for dinner. When he got back downstairs, Karen had set the table, and was lighting candles.

            “Hey, glad you’re down. Turn off the lights okay? Really set the mood.”

            Jim flicked the switch off, and sat down at the table. “Wow, this looks great. What is all this for? I didn’t forget something did I?”

            “No… I figure it was a long week, and we deserved a treat. After dinner, we can drive down to the Poconos. I know it was a little presumptuous, but I booked a room at Caesars Cove, a nice little romantic getaway. Jim?” She asked, looking for a reaction.

            Jim’s mind was in overdrive. The Poconos. Pam. Kissing Pam, Pam kissing him. Going there with Karen. “Um…” he mumbles, suddenly feeling sick.

            “Are you okay?” Karen goes towards him, concerned.

            “Actually, I’m feeling kind of sick. I’m sorry about your plans. I just…” Jim jumped up from the table, running towards the bathroom.

            “Jim?” Karen followed, knocking at the bathroom door. “Can I get you anything? Pepto-Bismol? Aspirin? Let’s get you to bed, maybe you will feel better in the morning. No rush on tonight.”

            Jim comes out, looking green. “No, I think we should just cancel. I’m so sorry. Must have been something I ate.”

            “Okay, no big deal. I mean, you feeling better – that’s what’s important. We can reschedule. Let’s get you into bed.”

            “No!” Jim said, a bit to forcefully. “I don’t want you to get sick also. I mean, who knows what this is. I’ll be fine. I’ll just call you in the morning, okay?”

            Karen nodded, a bit hurt. “Sure, call me if you need anything okay. I’m just down the street.” She kisses him on the cheek and left.

            Jim knew the only thing that could help him now was calling Pam. He dug out his cell phone and dialed her number.

Chapter End Notes:

Hopefully this is a good continuation. Leave thoughts or whatever.

Thanks!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans