- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is an exercise in tandem writing. Two authors take turns writing alternating paragraphs and do their best to construct a coherent, flowing story. Each writer adds a paragraph and emails the story back to the other, until both agree that a conclusion has been reached. No other contact is allowed between the writers. The result of one such exercise, undertaken with an Office theme, is shown below.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own the Office or it's characters.

 

This is an exercise in tandem writing. Two authors take turns writing alternating paragraphs and do their best to construct a coherent, flowing story. Each writer adds a paragraph and emails the story back to the other, until both agree that a conclusion has been reached. No other contact is allowed between the writers. The result of one such exercise, undertaken with an Office theme, is shown below.

 

 

(Pamatosis)

The words resonated in her mind like music, for this was a song she had sung to herself in her head so very many times. And these words found their way into her head once again, only this time, with his hands running easily through her hair, with his lips pressed firmly against hers, with their bodies beautifully entwined, the words finally felt real.

Long as the day in the summer time. Deep as the wine-dark sea.
I will keep your heart with mine. Until you come to me.


He had come to her. He had come back... really come back, and without ever having left Scranton, Pamela Beesly was finally home.



(Night Swept)

Jim's eyes shot wide open. This was the moment he had waited his whole life for. She was his. Finally his. For the second time in his life, she was kissing him back, only this time the imposing specter of Roy was not haunting the moment as it had that fateful night a year ago. Why now? Why this very instant, could he not focus on taking in the moment he had waited so long for? He pressed his lips against hers more tightly as he forced himself to remain calm, trying not to betray his nervousness to Pam. For this moment, like the one a year earlier, was haunted, only this time the demon running through Jim's head was not a burly 220 pound behemoth, but rather a forsaken, 110 pound olive-skinned beauty, whose lips had not 24 hours earlier occupied the same place that Pam's now occupied.



(Pamatosis)

The thought of Karen passed through Jim's mind as quickly as it had appeared. He turned his attention quickly back to Pam and drew her to him even more tightly.

She'll never stand between us again. Never again.

The past offered him nothing to dwell on, for his future, his life, his whole very reason for being was now ensconced firmly in his loving grip. All of them... Katy, Karen, Roy... all of them had been mere bumps on the winding road that had lead him straight to his forever. The fact that Karen was happily in New York after their friendly, mutual breakup was the furthest thing from Jim's mind as he finally disengaged his lips from Pam's and began softly whispering to her.

"I love you Pam. I love you so much"



(Night Swept)

"...which is what scares the crap out of me." Pam suddenly looked a little concerned, backing her head up a tiny bit and staring intently at him as he continued.

"I used her, Pam, I used her in the worst way, because I was so in love with you that it blinded me. All I could think of was you but now that... well now I can't get past what I did."

He had tried forcing himself to believe it was all for the best, that Karen would be better for it, but he couldn't force his mind to ignore the terrible reality of his failures. He had done everything he could to keep her invested in him, because he had needed her as his buffer, his human emotional shield. He had told countless lies, to her and to himself, only to find his lies so brutally exposed when the slightest hint of interest from Pam became apparent.


(Pamatosis)

Jim quickly realized he was being too hard on himself. He and Pam quickly laughed off his little pretend-regret joke. From that moment on, he never thought, spoke, or dreamed the names "Karen" or "Filippelli" ever again. In fact, later that evening Karen got run down by a bus in New York and was never heard from again. She died instantly, but not before regretting one last time calling Pam a bitch. Jim turned his attention back to his one and only true love.


(Night Swept)

With What's Her Name out of his mind, he dove into Pam and they spent the next 45 minutes embroiled in the most passionate, heated coupling of either of their lives. Afterwards, as they laid arm in arm, bathing in sweaty afterglow, Jim finally spoke.

"Pam, there's one more thing I have to tell you. I was going to tell you sooner but I wanted to wait until I boned you at least once. You know how you were adopted... well I found out from my real dad today that you're actually my half-sister..."


(Pamatosis)

Way to ruin a perfectly good story with your melodramatic bullshit. Fuck you, Night Swept!


(Night Swept)

Fuck you too... Fuck you to hell!


(Pamatosis)

Asshole.


(Night Swept)

Bitch.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
This is an Officized parody of an actual tandem writing exercise that I found floating around on the web. There is no such person as Pamatosis, and if there is I'm very sorry, Pamatosis.


Night Swept is the author of 16 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans