- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Everyone has something to say about the new boss, Ryan Howard.

I don't own anything....I just pretend I do.

Thanks to the great WildBerryJam for the beta!

 

“I think Ryan will do fine at Corporate. He has the look and will probably do well there. Does he deserve to have a better job, better pay, and the better apartment? You don’t want to know my answer for that….” said Phyllis, looking through her glasses. 

 

---

 

“Ryan who?” Kelly said, smirking slyly and crossing her arms. 

---

 

“The kid? Are you kidding me?” Stanley chuckled. “He can’t even make a decent sales call. He’ll be back here before he can move his stuff in…” 

 

---

 

Kevin, sitting at his desk as Angela glares at him through the glass partition, spoke low. “I’m betting $50 that Ryan stays in New York even if he loses the job. I would,” Kevin said, looking over at Angela and then leaning in toward the camera. “Better looking women….better price…”

 

---

 

“I trained Ryan. I just hope he uses the knowledge that I provided him to succeed in the cut-throat world of Corporate. It’s an evil industry, paper is. Paper companies are virtually dying out everyday…pretty soon Dunder Mifflin will be extinct. Thus, no need for our company, this office, the salesmen, the customer service department, the accounting department….” Dwight’s face expressed a pang of concern. He looked up into the camera man’s eyes. “Can you excuse me? I have some business I need to take care of…” he said, standing and hurrying out of the conference room and towards the kitchen doors. Angela eagerly follows behind him a mere thirty seconds later.

 

---

 

“I think we were all a little shocked that Ryan was the one to get the job. Everyone thought that Karen would get it…” Pam said, darting her eyes between the wall and the camera. 

---

 

Oscar sat patiently as he answered. “The pay increase is off the charts. I did the numbers the day he told us he was leaving. He did the right thing by taking the position. It’s about two times as much as the settlement they offered me after….the…incident,” Oscar said, sheepishly trailing off. 

 

---

 

With her brow raised, Angela answered coldly, “There are more qualified people for the position. And no, I’m not talking about Michael….or Jim or Karen…” she said, tilting her head.

 

---

 

“When did he leave?” Creed asked, with a finger up to his chin. He nodded and then finished, “Oh, I remember it now. He flipped the bird and walked all over the desks. I think he cursed on his way out the door too. I was utterly appalled,” he said, looking genuinely upset. 

 

---

 

“Ryan is now known at the betrayer of the brethren…by Michael…and myself. We’re the only ones to actually call him that….when he’s not around. He is our boss after all,” Andy said, nodding. 

 

---

 

“The entire office-excluding Angela- has placed bets on Ryan’s term as boss,” Kevin continued, snickering. “I’ve got four bets that say he loses the job in the first three weeks, two bets that he quits, one bet that says he’ll end up like Jan-living in Michael’s condo-, and three that say he didn’t really get the job and just lied about it. We’re all extremely excited to see who wins the jackpot.”

 

---

 

“Creed said what?” Jim asked, a look of confusion on his face. “I’m pretty sure he saw that on a movie somewhere or…the homeless shelter he frequents on a daily basis.” 

 

---

 

“I don’t know anyone by that name,” Michael said, crossing his arms and turning up his chin. “Even if I did, I wouldn’t express how deeply hurt I am. Deeply hurt….straight to the heart….betraying his own office-” 

 

---

 

Toby held out his arms. “Hey…whatever it takes to get out of this...place…I say…go for it.” 

 

---

 

“I don’t really like talking about him,” Kelly said, defensively. “Toby agrees with me. We should all just keep our mouths shut while we’re working…and while he’s on the phone…and on lunch break…or while he‘s in the bathroom… Some people just don’t know how to shut their mouths apparently. He’s told me that a few times….” Kelly said, shrugging innocently. 

 

---

 

“Do I regret not taking the position?” Jim repeated. “I have my days. But, then I focus on the good things here…and it makes it all worth it,” Jim said, smiling as he glanced up at the ceiling then back down.

 

---

 

“-He’s like Brutus! A Brutus! He stabbed me in cold blood and just left! Just….ugh, walked out on us. If he was a real part of this family, he would be the deadbeat dad right about now. He's like the deadbeat dad that would hit Mommy at the dinner table and then pretend nothing happened. He's the type of daddy that would leave his children in the ditch if they fell off their bikes...and go get a beer from the fridge as they screamed bloody murder- not that I know from personal experience or anything- Ryan would be that jerk though...." Michael said emotionally. “But…I’m gonna be the bigger man and decline to speak about this awful and heartbreaking subject.” 

Chapter End Notes:
Any bit of advice or comments would be great. I love to hear your thoughts!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans