- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

 

Once, long ago on a casino night, he wanted more than that.

(“I’m in love with you.”)

But now, in their apartment, he needs more than this.

(“I'm really sorry if that's weird for you to hear.”)

He tries to explain, apologize, comfort.

(“But I needed you to… hear it.”)

She will cry tonight, anyway.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

About this fic:

While some readers have understood the idea behind this fic, I have had some comments that the idea is confusing. Here is my attempt to explain: 

This is a Jim-Pam future fic, with "their apartment" meant to imply that Jim and Pam are living together.

It's built around the scene in Casino Night, when Jim tells Pam he wants "more than that" - i.e., their friendship is not enough. In this future-setting, Jim now tells Pam he needs "more than this" - i.e., their romantic relationship is not enough. 

The use of quotes from the Casino Night scene (in the parentheses) break up the story to provide a flashback to the moment where Jim confesses his feelings, which started of the journey of JAM. It's also a way to contrast Then vs. Now feelings - i.e., back then, Jim was in love, and now, Jim needs to move on.

I hope this clears up any confusion!

 



wonder149 is the author of 4 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans