- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer - I own nothing. Not even the computer I'm posting this from.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Please, please review.
It’s a small black box that’s sitting neatly on her desk on top of plate. As far as she can tell there’s no real reason for why the box should be on a plate and the very fact that it is distracts from noticing that it is in deed a black box sitting on that plate she has no become so fascinated with. It takes her awhile for her sights to truly set in to the small velvet covered box but once she does the pit in her starts a fire that burns throughout her entire body. She opens the small box and a tiny pile of well folded post-it notes calls unto the plate and she forgets about the otherwise empty box.
Post it #1:
First off, I know this looks weird. Despite my timing I’ve been thinking about doing this for a long time.
Post it #2:
Every time I think that I’m finally going to do it I get choked up.
Post it #3:
That’s why I decided to just write it all down and then you can come find me at the party to answer me or else it might never happen. I can’t live with that.
Post it #4:
I’m not asking because the conversation we had the other day saying that you wouldn’t move out of state with someone you weren’t married to.
Post it #5:
I respect that you wouldn’t just go anywhere with anyone that far away from your mother. I didn’t get the promotion for Olympia, Washington.
Post it #6:
I’ve always wanted you to be my wife and I want you to come with me. So, will you marry me, Pamela? (Please? *pouty face*)
Post it #7:
I love you no matter what. Jim.
If at any other time she would have been thinking about how ridiculous it was for him to write that on a bunch of post-its, but there was very little thoughts going through her head when she ran out the door and down the stairs to the office park’s latest ploy for a party. She couldn’t wait for the elevator or for people to get out of her way. She shoved her way right to where he was standing there laughing at something obnoxious one if not more of their co-workers were doing. He only had a couple of seconds to turn to her as she pulled on his tie before she crashed her lips on to his refusing to let either of them come up for air. Her arms started to creep their way around his neck as he smiled in to the kiss and snaking one hand into her hair and the other around her waist. “Michael lost your ring,” he said in his deep voice. “Don’t care,” she leaned back in to kiss him again before stopping herself. “I mean, I care…just not right now.” The stood there mouths beginning to open as people looked on. “I see tongue!” They’re boss yelled.
Chapter End Notes:
I hope you liked it.


ISayOye is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Post-It also liked 2418 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans