- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm on a roll! (twss. ok that was a lame one). Thank you all SO MUCH for the reviews last chapter! They were all awesome! I'm so happy everyone is enjoying this story! When I first posted it, I was a little uneasy as to how it would be reacted to. Now I'm more than happy that I wrote it!

The sun was now setting and the snow was still falling. Jim, Pam, Jon, and Laura were all sitting on the living room roasting marshmallows in the fireplace (Jon’s request). They were watching The Devil Wears Prada because it was on ABC Family. Jim and Jon unwillingly agreed to watch it after Pam and Laura begged. They were actually really enjoying it although the girls were beginning to get annoyed with their constant questions on the designers. The only lights were coming from the strong flames in the fireplace and the bright light of the television.

 

“You know, the red headed assistant with the British accent is pretty good looking,” Jon said which resulted in Laura smacking him in the arm. Jim pulled the blanket that he and Pam were sharing tighter around them and he kissed the top of her head. He felt as if he hadn’t stopped smiling for even a single second since her confession. As soon as they got home from the coffee shop hand in hand, Jon watched them with a look of confusion spread across his face. Jim looked back at him with a smile and a wink and his brother caught onto his gesture right away.

 

Pam pulled one of the two marshmallows off of the metal clothing hanger (they were using them as sticks) and stuck it on her graham cracker. She licked the stickiness off of her fingers and put the other one on a cracker for Jim. She bit into it and let out a little cry. As she struggled to swallow the hot dessert, he looked at her with concern. She shook her head and reassured him that it was just really hot. “Here,” he said as he put a little of the sticky treat on his finger and blew on it. He held it up to her mouth and motioned for her to eat it, which she did and giggled.

 

When the movie was over, they turned off the TV and started talking. Everything was going great until out of nowhere, Jon asks:

 

“So, Pam, I’ve noticed some cuts on you. What happened? Were you in a car accident or something?”

 

Jim looked over at Pam and he saw the color drain from her face. He knew she wasn’t ready to talk to anyone about what happened with Roy yet and he didn’t blame her in the least bit. He looked at Jon and slightly shook his head, trying to get him to change the subject, but he didn’t catch on.

 

“I…Um…” Pam stuttered.

 

“Pam, you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t feel ready,” Jim softly said.

 

“No, it’s ok. They’re going to find out at one point or another,” she said. He could tell she wasn’t still fully willing to explain.

 

“Wait, talk about what?” Jon asked, utterly confused. “Is something going on?”

 

“It’s over with now,” Jim said.

 

“Yeah, um… Actually, my old fiancé started to abuse me. It only happened a couple of times, but they were… really bad,” she explained and looked at the floor. Jim rubbed a hand up and down her back to soothe her.

 

“That’s awful,” Laura said. “Is everything alright now?”

 

“Yeah, he’s in prison and I don’t have to worry about him anymore. Well, I’m going to visit him tomorrow just to put an official end to our relationship, but other than that it’s all over with.”

 

“Is there anything I can do?” Jon asked.

 

“Don’t worry about it. You letting me intrude on your visit is help enough!”

 

“You’re not intruding! It’s nice having you here,” Jon said.

 

She smiled and replied, “Thank you! I’m enjoying getting to know you and Laura!”

 

For some time, they all continued talking. Pam felt a little relieved now that she shared her secret with someone other than the police and Jim. After a while, Laura yawned stood up. “Ok, well, I’m really tired and I can hardly keep my eyes open so I think I’m going to hit the hay,” she said.

 

“I’ll come up with you,” Jon said and followed her up the stairs. Jim and Pam sat quietly for a few minutes, snuggled comfortably under the same warm blanket as they watched the fire’s flames that were now hardly gleaming.

 

“Pam?”

 

“Mmm?”

 

“How come the other morning you said it would be best if we weren’t friends anymore?” That one question had been burning in his mind ever since that morning and he finally had the nerve to ask it.

 

“Oh,” was all she responded. She stayed silent for a moment while he waited for her answer. “I think it was just because I was getting more and more afraid of how strong my feelings were to you.”

 

“So you thought that not seeing each other would improve things?”

 

“I guess. But it only made things worse. The whole walk home I couldn’t stop thinking about you. I regretted what I said and wished that I could just go back in time and take it back. I had to keep telling myself that I made the right decision—”

 

“So—”

 

“No, just let me finish. I’ve been needing to tell you this for a long time. I thought that I would maybe fall out of love with you if we didn’t see each other because every time I’m with you, I find something else that makes me love you more. But it didn’t work because now, I love you more than I’ve ever loved anyone.” For some reason, she became choked up and tears were threatening to spill out of her eyes at any time. Jim just looked at her with his mouth slightly open and his eyes wide.

 

“I’m sorry that was probably too mu—” He interrupted her with a kiss. Her arms instantly went up and her hands tangled in his hair. He pushed her down so that she was lying on her back. One of his legs was in between hers and the other was on the outside. When he pulled away, it was Pam’s turn to look surprised. “Wow,” was all she could muster to come out of her mouth.

 

“I love you too and I have for the longest time.” He kissed her again, this time more passionately. Earlier, she felt as if she couldn’t be happier but she was mistaken. Now she was positive that her happiness was full.

Chapter End Notes:

Reviews are like the Kevin and Holly reaction - so awesome that I can't get enough.

Same goes for last chapter - the more reviews I get (and the sooner I get them) the faster you'll get an update. It's you and your reviews that keep me going! : ) 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans