- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

First off, I was planning on having Pam confront Roy in this chapter but I figured it would bring an end too quickly and I'm enjoying writing this story so much that I want to drag it on a little longer.

Secondly, thank you all SO MUCH for the reviews last chapter! All of them are so sweet and supportive and I fully enjoy reading each one of them! A big thank you goes out to Malcom Lake who really is a great beta and he does everything he can to make my chapters great!

Very early the next morning, a phone call disturbed the new couple from their peaceful sleep on the pull out couch. Jim rolled over to pick it up and answered in a hoarse, morning voice.

 

“Hello?”

 

Pam now rolled on her side as well and wrapped her arms around him.

 

“Jimbo! Hey, it’s Michael!” God, his voice was way too cheery for this time in the morning. It was still dark outside.

 

“Mmpphh. What’s up?”

 

“Yeah, I was just phoning you to let you in on the D.L.”

 

“The D.L?”

 

“You know, the down low. Come on, Jim, go with the flow. Get with the program!”

 

“My bad, Michael. I’ll make sure to catch up on the current vocabulary.”

 

“Okay, well, anywho. Sadly, the snow plows couldn’t get out because of the giant blizzard outside so work is cancelled and it may be for a while.”

 

“All right, thanks for keeping me posted. Goodb—”

 

“This is serious business. We could die within the next few days. What if we lost power and had now way to heat ourselves?”

 

“We could build a fire.”

 

“But what if we burned the house down? Stop acting dumb. We would run out of food and starve to death and turn to ice.”

 

“I guess we will just have to work to prevent that from happening. Goodb—”

 

“Hey, what do you say you and I spend some Big Mike and Fly Jim time today.”

 

“Fly Jim?”

 

“God, just… It’s more slang. I sure know what I’m getting your for Christmas.”

 

“What? A slang dictionary?”

 

“How did you know?”

 

“Lucky guess.”

 

“Well, as I was saying, today we should go to Chiles or Hooters or—”

 

“You know, I’m really sorry but I already have plans. How about I make it up to you sometime, Big Mike?” he mimicked.

 

“Fine. Way to ruin my day.”

 

“Goodbye Michael,” he said and hung up the phone before his boss could complain anymore. He turned so he was facing the dreary Pam and he pulled her closer.

 

“I’m guessing we don’t have to go into work today.”

 

“Yeah, apparently the snow plows are stuck and we are in the middle of a huge blizzard and we have a huge chance of running out food and freezing to death.”

 

“Michael Scott always has the wackiest ideas.”

 

“Mmhmm,” he replied with a yawn. He kissed her forehead and pulled the covers back up. “I think I’m going to take advantage of this time off and sleep in,” he said.

 

“I’m down for that, too.” Quickly, they were back asleep, warm in each others arms.

 

*****

 

Once they were finally awake, they made two quick cups of hot chocolate with the delicious mix Jon made and got right back in the warm bed. Jim flipped on the news but all that was showing was weather bulletins.

 

“I don’t think I’m going to be able to visit Roy today if the roads are as dangerous as they’re saying,” Pam said with a tint of disappointment to her voice.

 

“Maybe later in the day they will clear up a bit,” Jim hopefully replied.

 

“But it’s supposed to keep snowing until tomorrow or maybe after.”

 

“Don’t worry, Pam. We will find a way to get you there as soon as we can.” A small smile pulled on her lips as she leaned her head on his shoulder.

 

“You know, I’ve had to keep telling myself that this is really happening and I’m not just dreaming for once.”

 

“Me too. Wait, you’ve dreamed about this?”

 

She nodded her head. “Did you?”

 

“All the time.”

 

“You know that night I called you back when all of this started?”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Well I had this nightmare that you were dying. I woke up shaking. It hit me that if I lost you, I don’t know what I’d do. I know I would feel lonelier than I ever had. All I wanted was to hear your voice. That’s why I called. When Roy saw me talking to you on the phone, he got angrier than I’d ever seen him. I mean, in the past he got angry and would do little things like tightly grab my arm and stuff, but he was never violent up until then. At that point, I would’ve never guessed that things would turn out like this. He threatened me not to tell anyone so I figured I was stuck with him forever. I can’t even tell you how happy I am with the way things are now.”

 

Jim gave her a sincere look and then pulled her into his lap. “When you told me he was hurting you, I was crushed. You are way too much of a special person to be treated that way and I was willing to do anything to get you away from him. I kept thinking that if you were mine, I wouldn’t even consider doing those things to you. I want you to know that. I’m never, ever going to hurt you. Not just physically, but I’m going to try my hardest never to heart you on the inside. I feel like we’ve spent enough time hurting each other and now we just need to forget on that and focus on making each other happy.”

 

She smiled at him and gave him a soft kiss before saying, “I’d like that. Just promise me one thing.”

 

“Anything.”

 

“Don’t let me go.”

 

He went in for another kiss and pulled her closer. She wrapped her hands around his neck and felt him smile which caused her to smile too.

 

“Good morning!” Laura said as she happily bounced into the living room where they seemed to care less about her presence and more about each others lips. It took her a second to notice them and when she did she said, “Oh, sorry. My bad.”

 

Jim and Pam pulled away abashed as pink rose up in both of their cheeks. It didn’t take the huge grins off of their faces though. Pam bit her lip and itched her nose before responding, “Good morning to you too, Laura.”

 

“So I’m guessing work is cancelled for everyone today,” Laura said.

 

“Yeah, and our boss just had to call us before the sun was even up,” Jim said.

 

“Oh, that sucks,” Laura said as she sat on the edge of the bed. “But I love snow. It just makes everything seem so peaceful.”

 

“Me too! When I was a kid, I had this window seat with a frilly pink cushion that I would sit on and watch it fall. Sometimes I would fall asleep there as I was sketching it,” Pam said. Jim smiled at her with eyes full of adoration and love. He knew he was probably rushing ahead of himself way too quickly, but he couldn’t help but picture his own daughter sitting on her own frilly pink window seat. She had curly red hair that was falling into her big eyes as she held a pencil that could hardly fit in her hand and a drawing pad sitting on her tiny lap. Pam was sitting on the opposite side and held her own art supplies. There was a soft light coming from the room and snow was lightly falling outside. He just had this feeling that the picture he was envisioning would turn to reality one day.

 

“So where’s Jon?” Pam asked as he finally turned his attention back to the conversation.

 

“He’s still in his bed snoring like a baby,” Laura replied. “Hold up, is that Jon’s hot chocolate?” Jim nodded her head. “I’ll be right back,” she said as she stood up and made her way into the kitchen.

 

When she was out of sight, he unexpectedly pulled Pam into another kiss. When they parted, she asked with a goofy grin plastered onto her face, “Wow, what was that for?”

 

“I don’t know, I guess I just felt like it.”

 

“Well, I hope you feel like it more often!”

 

“Oh, I’m pretty sure I will.”

Chapter End Notes:
I am a precious flower and reviews are my water and soil.... No that was lame. I am a car and reviews are my fuel......... No still lame. But I think you get my picture. Give me lots of reviews and I will return the favor with a quick update : )


flonkertonxx is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 20 members. Members who liked Don't Let Me Go also liked 2526 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans