- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This chapter is also very, very short compared to what I'm estimating the rest to be. [:

Thanks again to Malcom Lake who is my amazing and incredibly helpful beta!

Enjoy!

“ Roy , calm down—”

 

“Don’t tell me to calm down!” he roared. “I come in here and see you on the phone with Halpert!” He spit out Jim’s name with disgust. Pam had only seen Roy this way twice before, and she knew it had to be bad.

 

“Roy, let it go—”

 

She was interrupted by Roy violently pushing her away from him. The teapot started whistling and Roy turned to grab it. She fell against the wall. He aimed it towards Pam and flung it so the water splashed everywhere. Luckily, she ran to the side just in time so she only felt a few, scorching hot droplets.

 

“What has gotten into you? It was only a phone call!”

 

“When you woke up, you said nothing was wrong! What was so important for you to tell Halpert and not me?”

 

“You’re making this a bigger deal than it really is!”

 

Roy was much angrier now. He lurched toward Pam and pushed her back against the wall, her head hitting first. She tried to scream for help but nothing came out. She started squirming to get free but his strong grip held her in place. She began to sobbing.

 

“Stop fucking crying!’

 

He picked her up and threw her to the ground, then began kicking her, knocking the wind out of her. He reached for a wooden chair and hit her with it once until one of the legs flew off. Frustrated, he threw the chair to a corner and reached for a glass lamp. He threw the lamp on the ground next to Pam. She heard the small sharp pieces fly everywhere and put her arms over her head for protection. She felt the little pieces pierce into her soft skin.

 

“I don’t want you to ever mention this to anybody, especially Halpert.

 

With that being said, he stormed out of the kitchen and she heard him slam the bedroom door. She was now lying in a ball on the ground that was wet from the hot water, shaking and sobbing. When she mustered the strength, she slowly stood up on wobbly legs and went into the bathroom, locking the door behind her. She sat against the wall with her knees up against her chest and closed her eyes. In this frightful hour, she longed for Jim.

 

****

 

Jim had no clue why Pam called at such an unusual time. When he heard Pam suddenly gasp and Roy yell in his deep voice, he knew something was wrong. Roy asked who he was and then suddenly heard the beeping sound that signaled the phone call had ended. He became concerned and tried calling her back right away, but the phone went straight to voicemail. He tried texting her but heard no reply. He had this strange feeling that something had gone horribly wrong.

 

When he couldn’t take the anxiety any longer, he turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, but nothing was on. He attempted listening to his ipod but didn’t find a song that would calm his nerves.

 

He desperately wanted to go to Pam’s apartment and check on her and reassure himself that nothing happened, but he had no clue where her apartment complex was. He ended up spending the reaming time of the night watching old episodes of Scrubs that were saved on his TiVo. He waited and waited for Pam to call him or give him some sign that she was okay, but he heard nothing.

Chapter End Notes:

Your reviews on the last chapter were all so great! Please keep them up! [:

They are like ... Dwight pouring tea down his nose with Pam's teapot.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans