- Text Size +
Disclaimer: I do not own the Office. However, I do own the Office on DVD.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Ohmygodohmygod Pam! You have to come over right this instant! I have amazing news!” Kelly squealed into the phone.

Pam felt her heart sink. “I’ll be right there,” She touched Jim lightly on the arm and smiled at him. "Gotta go," she waved to everyone else at their table.“Bye guys!”

Kelly answered the door before Pam was done knocking and dragged her through her apartment by the hand. “Oh my God, Pam, so I got two tests, just like you said? And I took both of them and I waited the ten minutes just like the instructions said, which was sooooo long but at least I had JLo to keep me occupied and then I went and looked, and guess what? There were two lines!!” She clapped her hands and pointed at the tests, which were still sitting on her bathroom counter. Both clearly indicated that she’d tested positive “Pam, I’m pregnant! Isn’t that great?”

“Sure,” Pam said. She smiled half-heartedly for Kelly’s sake. “So are you going to tell Ryan?”

Kelly was quiet for a second. She collapsed on her purple sofa and motioned for Pam to sit as she pulled out her cell phone. “Oh, yeah. I should tell him right now! What do you think? He is going to be sooooo excited. And maybe we’ll get back together! That would be awesome. We could totally get marri—”

“Kelly, I don’t thinking telling him over the phone is such a good idea. Maybe you should do it in person. This is kind of big news, after all.” Pam neglected to mention the fact that she was pretty sure that Ryan wasn’t going to take this very well at all. She’d seen the frightened look he’d gotten every time Kelly started reciting baby names.

“You’re right! I should tell him to meet me for dinner. How romantic is that? Maybe at Alfredo’s, that was the place we always used to go. And afterward he’ll admit he was a jackass and say that he’s sorry and—“

“Yeah, okay. Well, um, just don’t mention it over the phone? This is really big, Kelly. Like,” Pam paused for a second. How could she make Kelly understand this? “Like Britney shaving her head big.”

“Oh my God, Pam that was so long ago, nobody cares.” Kelly thought for a second. “But you’re right. I guess it is pretty important.”

Pam tried not to roll her eyes. “Yeah, Kel, kids generally are.”

“Actually,” Kelly bit the edge of one nail. “Do you think you could call Ryan? He doesn’t really answer my calls anymore. I think he must not recognize the number or something. He doesn't pick up unknown calls cuz he's paranoid ike that.”

“Um, okay.” Pam pulled out her cell phone. “What’s his number?”

She dialed the number as Kelly recited it to her and was surprised when Ryan picked up on the second ring. “Hello?”

Pam ducked into the bathroom. The glare of Kelly’s hot pink walls made her eyes hurt, so she stared at the white tile floors. Which were also dazzlingly bright. “Hey Ryan, it’s Pam.”

“Pam? I didn’t know you had my number. How’s it going? Is something wrong?”

“Not….necessarily.” Pam winced as she glanced at the two tests, still proudly displayed on the bathroom sink. “Um, actually, Kelly asked me to call you.”

Ryan sighed. “She’s not crying again, is she?”

“No. She’s pretty happy right now.” Well, at least that wasn’t a lie, Pam thought. “Actually, Ryan, I think it would be a good idea for you to come to Scranton and see Kelly. Maybe take her to dinner. It’s kind of important.” Pam bit her lip and swayed from side to side.

“I’m not dating her again. I—I wasn’t even dating her in the first place! Pam, I’d really rather not see her. She just…she’s—“

“Yeah, I know. Look, Ryan,” Pam said, uncharacteristically firm. “It’s a really good idea for you to come down. A really, really good idea. I don’t think I can stress that enough.”

“Um, okay?” Ryan sounded absolutely lost over the phone. “Fine. Well…tell her I’ll be there on Sunday at seven. I’ll meet her at Alfredo’s. And it’s absolutely not a date. Of any kind. Please don’t forget that part?”

“I won’t,” Pam said. “Take care, Ryan.”

“Yeah, okay.” He answered. “You too, I guess.”

Pam pocketed her phone as she sunk down next to Kelly, who was still waiting impatiently on the sofa.

“What’d he say? What’d he say?” Pam flinched as Kelly slapped her arm repeatedly in excitement.

“He’s coming on Sunday at seven. He’s going to meet you at Alfredo’s, and he said that it’s not a date. I didn’t mention anything else.”

Kelly squeaked happily. “I can’t believe I have a date with Ryan on Sunday! And we’re going to have babies! This is like, the best day ever!”

Pam sighed. “Yeah, I bet it is. And it’s not a date, Kelly.”

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans