- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Just wanted to give a little more credit to Ryan. Figured as the temp, he'd probably observate the most. Hope you like it!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just before Ryan and Jim have their big talk! Bit of JAM fluff as well. Enjoy!
"Hey Jim."

Jim saw Ryan standing next to the vending machines as he was entering the break room. He'd always liked the guy, he was nice to talk to.

"Ryan, what's up!"

"Oh not much. Just.. getting a soda."

"Quick thinking. Selling paper makes a man thirsty, doesn't it," he smirked.

"Yeah, guess it does," Ryan responded.

Jim bought a pack of crisps and figured he should at least get some work done today, so he started to walk back to his desk.

"I'll see you around, Ryan."

"Yeah... Actually, Jim!" Jim turned around, standing in the doorway, giving Ryan a questioning look. Ryan continued, almost looking nervous:

"Do you maybe want to have lunch later? I sort of got something I want to tell you."

Ryan wanted to tell him something? That sure did awaken his interest.

"Uhm, yeah sure. Why not? I'll meet you in an hour or so."

"Right. See you then."

He left the break room and saw Pam give him a curious look. As he saw Dwight messing around with his computer he mouthed "later" to her and went over to his desk.

*********

"So what do you think it's all about?"

"No idea. Really, just... You know, usually I'm kind of a ingenious guy, but honestly, I can't think of one thing Ryan would want to talk to me about. Weird, isn't it?"

"It's strange, yeah.. Of course you'll let me know all about it after lunch, right?"

Pam stared at him, her puppy-eyes face having way more power over him than she could ever imagine. He grinned at her.

"We'll have to see about that, Beesly. Maybe it's confidential."

"Oh, you couldn't let me stay in the dark!"

He loved the way her face light up when she laughed. He shrugged, nonchalantly.

"I might be able to do that."

"I swear, Halpert! One more word, and i'll never give you one jellybean again!"

"Geez, calm down, Pam. No need to threaten me!"

He heard how she tried not to laugh out loud when he walked away, taking the whole bowl of jellybeans with him. He couldn't hide the huge grin on his face.

"You know, you'll have to take that back to the reception, Jim. It's office property and it should be standing right there, at the reception and not here, on your desk."

"Thanks for filling me in, Dwight. I'll see what I can do for you later."

"I'll report this to Michael!"

Jim wasn't in the mood to mock Dwight. His thoughts were still with Pam.

"Know what, Dwight? Knock yourself out."

"Fine."

Dwight got up and steared towards Michaels office. Jim logged in on his computer and he saw a new message popping up.

From: Pam Beesly
To: Jim Halpert
Subject: You THIEF!!!

You're being pretty harsh, Halpert. You know, Dwight is only doing what he has to do, you'll get what you deserve. So I'm going to be straight with you. You bring me back my jellybeans RIGHT NOW, then I won't come over and kick your ass!


He gave Pam a shocked look and started typing.

From: Jim Halpert
To: Pam Beesly
Subject: In shock!

So, since when are these jellybeans
yours? Dwight just explained to me that they are actually office property. So you know, I figured, I'm always coming over to the reception when I'm feeling like eating a jellybean, so maybe it would only be fair, if we'd turn that around for a change? Want a jellybean Pam? Come and get it!

He saw Pam getting up from behind her computer, but acted like he didn't notice. When she got to his desk she held out her hand.

"Excuse me, can I help you," he asked, looking disturbed.

"I feel like eating a jellybean, if you don't mind," Pam said, matter-of-factly.

"Well, maybe you are oblivious to the fact that right now is actually my lunch time, but I'm not. Those jellybeans are safe under my custody. Be sure to check in on me later."

"Ji-him! I want one, I want one!"

"Too late Pam. I have a very important meeting with my co-worker, Ryan. I'll give you one when I get back."

"And then you'll tell me what he had to say, right?"

"It's a possibility."

Pam looked at him seriously.

"If you want a war, Halpert. You can get one."

"Preparing for battle! I'll be back soon."

They laughed to each other. God, did he love goofing around with her! He got up to search Ryan, still wondering what he would want to tell him. A bit pissed of that he couldn't share his lunch time with Pam.
He found him standing by the elevators.

"Hey Ryan. Where are we going?"

"Just, out. I'll explain later. You ready to go?"

"Yeah sure.. Let's do this."

Jim stepped back in to the office, grabbed his coat, and waved to Pam. She stuck out her tongue and he gave her a shocked look in return. Then he left the office and followed Ryan, light hearted. Not knowing, he wouldn't stay like that for long...
Chapter End Notes:
More is coming soon! Reviews are very much appreciated! Next chapter: What is Ryan going to tell Jim?
Let me know what you think!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans