- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I was up kinda late writing this, but with all the angst I've been reading, I needed a little fluffyness...enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own The Office. If I did would I really be writing this...most likely...=)
When he finally asked her thunder shook the freshly painted walls of their bedroom and rain blurred the windows. She had soft yellow freckles dotting her cheeks and he had streaks in his hair. An old pair of his sweatpants warmed her legs and his hoodie from college brought out the green in his eyes. Remains from lunch sat on the kitchen table, a half eaten ham and cheese sandwich and a small carton of mixed berry yogurt with the spoon peeking out the top. A green teapot whistled on the stove and the sounds of “Tiny Dancer” crept into their ears. “Don’t forget us when you’re famous” was pinned to his cork board and her unopened Christmas card rested against a framed drawing of the two of them. Dazed and Confused was on HBO and Angela’s Ashes lay open on the floor by the bed. There was no planned poetic speech or one knee resting shakily on the carpet. Fireworks were not lighting up the night sky, only a candle was glowing on the bathroom sink emitting jasmine into the air. The small diamond glittered in the light from the bedside lamp creating a rainbow of colors. He lay sprawled out on the bed, her head on his chest listening to the thumping of his heart. His left hand in her hair the other delicately holding the small black box. A tear slid down her cheek and utter hope shown in his eyes. When he finally asked her she said,“yes.”
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Reviews make my day!


thatswhatshesaid2010 is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans