- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This chapter is part fluff, part drama, part silly. This chapter also has some Halperts other than Jim!

Disclaimer: Jim, Pam, and the Halperts are not mine. NBC owns them. No copyright infringement is intended.

Thanks to the beta team of K&D!
“I can’t wait to meet Pam. I mean I feel like I already know her, but to actually see her and talk to her, oh it’s just too exciting.” Larissa Halpert said smiling at her son.

“Mom, I know you are happy about this, but please promise you won’t jump her when she walks in.”

“Well maybe if you hadn’t kept us from meeting her for so long I wouldn’t be so anxious.”

“You know we have a complicated history and I already told you that we wanted to take it slow, especially at first.”

“Complicated is an understatement. I’m just interested in meeting the receptionist that drove my little brother to move to Connecticut and to later break-up with a hot and successful woman who was crazy about him.” Greg Halpert said with a laugh.

“Hey, I told you not to call her ‘the receptionist’. There is a lot more to Pam Beesly than just answering phones and filing documents.”

“Well speaking of Ms. Beesly, the artist, where is she?” Jim’s Uncle Paul asked “I want to eat soon.” He added with a wink.

Just as Jim was about to make a comment about Uncle Paul’s insatiable appetite his phone rang. Pam’s number scrolled across the screen.

“Hey, how’s it going? Almost here?”

“Jim, listen. My cell is dying, but I had an accident.”

“What are you OK? Did you call for help?"

“Jim, listen to me. I’m not hurt, but I am stuck in the snow and I don’t think anyone can see my car from the road. I was on 590, I had just passed a sign for Golf Park Plus and I slid off the road and down a hill into a field full of snow. Do you know where that is? I need help.”

“I’m coming now. Just stay in the car…I love you.”

“I love…”

“Pam? Pam? Damn it.”

“Jim, what’s going on? Is she alright?” Uncle Paul asked

“I think so. She crashed off of 590 and can’t get out of the snow. Her cell is dead, but I’m pretty sure I know where she is. I need to borrow your truck to go get her.”

“I’m coming with you son. I’m also going to call 911.” Sam Halpert said squeezing his son’s arm.

“Thanks dad, but come on we need to go now. You can use my cell to cal the police.”

Jim drove as fast as he could on the snow covered road. He hadn’t realized how bad the weather had turned since he had arrived at his uncle’s house. His mind was racing with thoughts of Pam slumped over the steering wheel of her car, frozen and unconscious. She had said she wasn’t hurt, but she had sounded so scared, so quiet. He was confused as to why she had called him before calling for real help. He couldn't help running scenarios over in his mind, most of them involved him being unable to find her or worse finding her too late.

“She must really trust you. She wanted you over anyone else to come and rescue her. I know we'll find her and get her back safe.” Sam stated as if he had been reading Jim’s mind.

“This is area she told me dad; by that intersection with the mini golf sign. I’m going to pull over here.”

Jim pulled the truck over and jumped out the door. He scanned the hill below and saw Pam’s car a little more than half way down, snow piled over the back. He sprinted down the hill, almost falling as he ran. When he reached the car he ripped open the driver’s side door and bent down to Pam.

“Are you hurt? Did you hit your head? Why are your legs wet?”

“I’m not hurt. I just sort of slid down the hill, but I never actually hit anything. My coat and boats are in my trunk and like an idiot I got out to try and get them, but the trunk is stuck under the snow.”

“You’re soaked and shivering. Come on, I’ll get you up to the truck. My dad has a blanket and the heater is cranked up.”

“I can walk up. I’m already wet anyway.”

“No, you are shaking and soaked, I’m carrying you. The police should be here soon, so grab your insurance and registration.”

Pam took the important information out of her glove box and sighed as Jim lifted her into his arms. She felt stupid enough about the whole thing, and she wanted him to let her walk. He tightened his grip on her as she shivered and planted a kiss on the top of her head. She wanted to be irritated with him, but his warmth and care made it impossible.

“Here, wrap up in this. I hear the police siren.” Jim said putting a blanket around Pam. “Oh and this is my dad, Sam.”

“Hi, thanks for coming with Jim and for bringing a blanket.”

“It’s my pleasure.”

Pam sat in the truck watching Jim talk to the police. They took her information from him and then after writing down what they needed they walked over to the truck.

“Are you sure you’re alright Ms. Beesly? We can get medical help here if you need it.”

“Thank you officer, I’m fine really. I’m just cold and need to get into some dry clothes. His uncle’s house isn’t far from here, so I’ll be fine.”

“OK, well a tow truck will be out in the morning to get your car. It looks like there is minimal damage, but we can’t get it out ourselves. Here is the number for the shop they take it to.”

“Thank you”

Jim and his dad shook hands with the police officers and got back in the truck. Sam drove while Jim wrapped Pam in his arms. “Why didn’t you call the police Pam. What if I couldn’t find you?”

“I don’t know. I was scared and I just wanted you. I knew I was physically fine, I just needed to get out of there. I know I should have called them, but I also knew I only had enough battery for one call.”

Jim carried Pam up to the front door despite her protests. When they walked in the whole Halpert clan was standing in the hall.

“Oh Pam, are you OK? You’re shivering. Can I get you anything? Jim, get her another blanket.” Larissa said with concern.

“Thank you, I think I’m fine. I just want to go change into something dry if that's alright. I’m sorry I ruined your party.”

“Sweetie, you didn’t ruin anything.” Jim’s Aunt Gina said “Jim take her up to the guest room and get her warm. There are towels in the bathroom closet.”

Jim led Pam upstairs to the guest room, grabbing some towels on the way. He took off the now wet blanket she had on and picked her up onto the bed. He undid her buttons and pulled her shirt off.

“Jim” She gasped.

“I’m not going to take advantage of you. You need to get out of the wet clothes and I need to get you warm. I should have had them take you to the hospital, because they were worried about hypothermia, and now so am I.” He said as he removed her pants.

“I don’t have hypothermia. I’m still shivering and I remember hearing Dwight say you stop shivering when you have hypothermia.”

“Well, Dwight also thinks I’m part vampire” he said while drying off her legs. “Besides, since when do you listen to Dwight?” he asked with a smile and removed his shirt. He gathered Pam in his arms and laid down next to her on the bed.

“What are you doing?”

“What? You mean Dwight didn’t teach you that skin to skin contact is the most efficient way to warm a person up?”

“But your family is downstairs.”

“I told you, I’m not taking advantage of you. I’m trying to save your life Beesly. You’re shivering like mad and I’m not letting go of you till I know you are warm.”

“Your family is going to hate me.”

“Trust me they are not going to hate you. My parents haven’t even met you and they’re already in love with you. I have no doubt that the Pam Beesly charm will win the rest of them over.”

“I hope so, because so far I am in love with all of them, especially your dad.”

“Yeah, my dad is the greatest guy in the world.” He said as he stroked his hand along her back “Hey, you aren't shivering as much. I told you this would work.”

“How do you know it isn’t because I’ve become hypothermic?”

“Because you still have full mental capacity, and Dwight said that hypothermia victims become disoriented quickly.”

“So now you listen to Dwight too?”

“Hey not only has Dwight taught me how to treat hypothermia, he has also taught me how to survive bear attacks, how to make a shelter out of four logs, and how to treat venomous snake bites. Unfortunately, he claims there is no know cure for vampire bites.”

“So then I suppose I should be thanking Dwight for saving my life tonight and give him a hero’s reward?”

"Whoa now, that wasn’t the first time I had heard about body heat warming a person. Plus, Dwight isn’t the one who came to your rescue in the snow.”

“Fair enough my knight in shining armor.”

“Sorry I didn’t have my white steed handy. He doesn’t do well in the snow anyway.”

“That’s OK. The blue pick-up was just perfect.”

Jim sat up on his elbow and leaned his head down over Pam's face. He lightly touched his mouth to hers and ran his hand through her hair. She pulled him down closer and pushed his lips apart with her tongue. Jim climbed on top of her and kissed her neck and ear.

“We should get downstairs Jim.” She whispered “I can reward your brave deeds later, after I have won the affection of your family.”

“Fine.” Jim groaned “Let’s get dressed and go down. I’m actually surprised my mother hasn’t been up to make sure you're alive.”

Pam put on a pair of jeans from her overnight bag and Jim gave an extra sweatshirt of his. He smiled at her as she rolled the long sleeves up so her hands could be seen.

"Alright, let's go officially introduce you to the Halperts."

“Hey Jim, I’m sorry I scared you when I called. I just didn’t even think twice about it. I knew I could depend on you and I wanted to. From the moment I knew I lost control of the car I wanted you.”

“It’s OK. I’m glad you called me. I was scared, but I would have been no matter who you called. Actually, I would have been worried sick from not hearing from you. Just promise me the next time you drive out here you will have a fully charged cell phone.”

“I promise.” Pam laughed.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review!! Chapters 4 and 5 coming soon!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans