- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Set is Season 4, referenced in Season 5's "Baby Shower".
Reviews are lovely :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
I do not own, nor have any affiliation with, The Office. I know; this fact depresses me too.
I also do not own, nor have any affiliation with, any laundromat in Pennsylvania; I've never even been to Pennsylvania.

“I seriously haven't washed anything in three weeks, ever since my washer broke," laughed Pam as she watched Jim mock-struggle to place the third mesh, laundry-filled bag into Pam's car.

"Really? I couldn't tell."

With a flourish, he tossed the bag into the car's back seat and turned to Pam. "With all of that, how do you have clothes to wear?"

“I just wear yours."

"Beesly!"

Pam laughed hysterically as she entered the driver's seat.

"That was so unexpected," Jim continued. "What's gotten into you today?"

Pam shook her head, laughing, and turned the key in the ignition.

"So, which one are we going to?"

"New Laundry on Spruce Street. It's supposed to be less crowded."

* * *

Pam had parked the car at the corner of the small brown building and was climbing out of the car when Jim grabbed her shoulder suddenly.

"Pam, look at that!"

She followed Jim's eyes to a man who was probably only forty, but looked much older. His eyes were sunken and he was wearing tattered blue overalls. He was pacing back-and-forth just outside the door to the Laundromat.

"What...is he doing?"

Jim shook his head, smirking a little. "I have no idea."

The two watched him for a moment. As he paced, he muttered to himself, using swooping hand gestures in the process.

"He's crazy," Jim declared seriously. "He's absolutely crazy. Should we go somewhere else?"

“I don't know--I really want to get this done so that we can have a fun Saturday! There's this sale at the outlet mall..."

Jim sighed. "Alright, fine..."

The two emerged from the car and began unloading the mesh bags of Pam's clothes.

"Stay close to me," Jim whispered to Pam as they walked toward the door.

Pam couldn't help but smile--she liked feeling protected by Jim.

"Excuse me, man," Said Jim quickly as he ushered Pam and himself into the building.

The man didn't even flinch; he just continued talking and gesturing. Gesturing and pacing.

Pam and Jim looked at each other, laughing.

"So weird," Pam said.

***

"Well, that was a good two hours spent bonding at a laundry facility," Jim joked as he began retrieving Pam's things from the dryer. "A part of every great relationship, I think."

Pam laughed. "Yes, and now we can check out that cool sale!"

"Oh, right, the outlet mall. What's the sale on?"

"Well, I saw the commercial--"

Pam stopped short when she heard the sound of the "crazy man" shouting from across the room.

"SOMEONE HAS STOLEN MY SOCKS!" He screeched.

Jim's eyes widened.

"Sir, you're going to need to calm down," the Laundromat supervisor was saying.

"SOMEONE HAS STOLEN THEM!"

The man looked across the room at Pam. "I saw you earlier! It was you, wasn't it?"

Pam shook her head furiously. "No, I don't--"

"I see them in your hand!"

The man rushed toward Pam, prompting Jim to rush in front of her. "Man, this is ridiculous, no one has anything that belongs to you. These are my girlfriend's things, okay?"

"GIVE THEM BACK!"

The man lunged toward Jim knocking him against the row of dryers. Pam screamed.

"Here, just take them!" Pam cried, throwing a pair of white socks at the lunatic.

The man, suddenly calm, reached for the socks. "You shouldn't take things that don't belong to you," he said seriously. "Wrong. Very wrong to do."

He turned and began walking slowly out of the facility, as Jim reached for a stunned Pam. "Are you alright?"

Pam nodded. "Are you alright?"

Jim touched the back of his head. "Just a head injury, no problem," he joked.

Pam chuckled and put her arms around Jim.

"So, was the sale at the mall on a washer/dryer set?" Jim asked into her shoulder. "Because that is definitely necessary..."

***


Sumtastic is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Hope You Don't Have Any Major Laundry Issues also liked 1317 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans