- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Grown up Jim. This song has been stuck in my head for FOREVER and I've been trying to figure out a way to work it into a story. If you feel like it, you can read this with a backing track:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXmLRHnoSAs
He usually didn't mind babysitting his brothers kids, but The Little Mermaid? Really? He'd never liked this movie as a kid, even though Ariel was pretty good looking for an animated mermaid. He'd always been more of a The Jungle Book kind of guy, but when he suggested that movie, he was greeted with a shriek and a whack to the knee with a plastic baseball bat.

Pam agreed to come over and help, seeing as how she'd been on the phone when he'd been assaulted. She'd made it there just in time for his least favorite part of the movie--that stupid 'Kiss the Girl' song. This part of the movie had always made him want to vomit. When the doorbell rang, he opened the door, expecting a hug and the kiss at the very least. Instead, she'd pushed him out of the way, running into the living room and throwing herself on the couch.

"Oh, this is my favorite part, Jim! I'm so glad I made it in time for this song, it's the best Disney song ever!"

Jim groaned. "Really, Beesly? I'm so disappointed. You obviously have never heard 'The Bear Necessities'." She just smiled at him and began to sing along. It was pretty cute, he had to admit. She even had a little Jamaican accent. She looked over and caught him smiling at her, and her cheeks flushed. It was adorable.

"Pam. You don't have to keep singing. I'm already impressed."

She laughed, but didn't stop. "Sh-la-la-la-la-la float along, and listen to de song, de song say, kiss the girl! Woah, woah!"

God, he was amazed by her. He couldn't believe that he'd gone so long without this woman in his life, and then he'd let her slip away. And then he'd had to sit there and pretend like he didn't still love her, scared that his chance was gone and he'd never really get over her. But here she was, sitting on his couch, wagging her eyebrows and singing a silly Disney song.

"Come on, Jim, aren't you gonna kiss the girl?" She winked at him, and he leaned in to cup her face and do what the dancing Jamaican crab told him to do.

"Gross, Uncle Jim! Girls have cooties!" A loud THWAP resounded through the room and Jim's knee began to throb. Holy God, that kid has an arm! It hurt, a lot. He kind of wanted to cry, but Pam was sitting there...and she was giggling? This was humiliating.

"Shut up, Beesly, it really hurts!" He was laughing, too, though, and the tear that leaked out of his eye and rolled down his face could be due to the fact he'd just been clobbered with a plastic bat (again) or because the whole situation was pretty funny.

Or maybe because he finally had the woman of his dreams...even if she was sitting on his couch, clutching her stomach, laughing at him as he clutched his knees and swore through his teeth that the next movie they watched would be The Jungle Book.
Chapter End Notes:
=) Thanks for reading!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans