- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Just a little drabble, nothing major. I don't own anything.
He loves her, and he hates her.

Watching her from the corner of his eye, as she sits at her desk eating her yogurt, he wants to jump over the counter and throw that stupid container against the wall. He wants to grab her by the shoulders and shake her from the stupor she’s accepted as her life.

He hates that he knows her favorite movies, favorite books, favorite yogurt. More deeply, he hates that he knows her hopes and dreams. He hates her because he knows the things he shouldn’t, that the other ‘he’ never will. Yet the other ‘he’ knows her in a completely different way, one that he knows he never will.

He loves how she twirls a curl around her finger as she’s playing solitaire. She does it absently, not even realizing that she’s doing it, or he’s watching. He always looks away quickly; there are others in the office as observant as he.

He hates that she doesn’t believe in her herself. That she thinks this is it, to be a receptionist, a wife, a mom. Maybe eight years ago she didn’t think so but it’s obvious she does now. She hasn’t drawn in weeks. He knows because she told him.

He loves her smile, more than anything. How, when she is truly laughing, one of those deep belly laughs, her eyes close and she makes this funny sort of cross between a sniffle and a snort that he can’t describe.

He hates that she rarely laughs that way though. She hasn’t for a long time, not since before the wedding. Sometimes she stares down at the ring on her left hand that’s been upgraded from ‘engagement ring’ to ‘wedding set’. Then she’ll look at him, and turn away quickly.

He loves everything about her, loves her more than anything. And hates the fact that she will never be his.
Chapter End Notes:
Best beta ever? That would be BigTuna :)


IThinkWeBrokeHisBrain is the author of 10 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans