- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a reminder. Above the line are Jim's memories. Below the line is Casino Night.
Disclaimer: I still do not own anything relating to The Office. This is for entertainment purposes only.


As he slowly made his way up the ladder Jim cast a look at the tallest board at the pool. Biting his lip, he thought about going all the way and shocking his brothers. But just the glance up, had made Jim's stomach feel sick and he decided to just make his token leap off the small board.
--------------------------------------------------------

Standing in a dimly lit parking lot, Jim knew there was probably a worse place to be, but at the moment he couldn't think of any. Pam was doing their usual back and forth, all smiles and cheerfulness and even as he went along with the banter, the only thought running through his mind, was telling Pam about the transfer and her reaction.

For a second he toyed with the idea of throwing caution to wind and telling her the reason behind the move as well. That he’d liked her since his first moment at Dunder Mifflin, when she‘d looked up from reception, and given him a smile that lit up the room. How he'd been hopelessly in love with her since the moment she warned him about Dwight, with a gleeful look and childish giggle that he knew he'd never forget.

But as that same trusting grin looked up at him, a hundred images started flashing in front of Jim’s eyes. Every smile Pam had ever given Roy (he’d kept count), every time Roy put an arm around Pam (there weren't many, but it was still frustrating), the hundreds of times Pam had told him how tired she was of Roy's actions, then talked herself into going back,(Pam never knew how close he came, to quitting on those days).

In a heartbeat he saw the images and in another heartbeat they were gone, but their memory was enough. Deciding to take the safe route once again, Jim lifted his head, ready to her about the transfer. Ready to follow the pattern of their friendship, telling everything, while saying nothing.
Chapter End Notes:
Thank You to the people who have already reviewed. I pretty much rewrote this chapter three times over, so any thoughts or input would be great!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans