- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Still can't figure out Italics, so same format as the last two chapters.
Disclaimer: I do not own anything related to the Office, although I am very excited over the new season starting in 4 days!


Walking toward the edge, Jim heard a voice yell “cannonball” and his head jerked up. A boy about Jim’s age, leaped off the high board. For a second the boy was hurtling through the air, a look of excitement and freedom on his face. Jim watched him until the boy splashed into the deep blue water below. Glancing down, Jim stared at the water only a few feet below him, then at the boy who was now getting a high five from his friends. In a moment his mind was made up, going back to the ladder, Jim climbed higher, until the ladder ended and he stepped out on the highest diving board. With a deep breath, Jim took every bit of courage he had, charged down the board, and jumped off the edge.
----------------------------------------------------------


But Jim took a look at women standing in front of him, hands clasped,slightly swaying, like her happiness made it impossible for her to stay still. And it was in that instant that the memories changed.

It wasn’t the dozen times he’d seen her smile at Roy, it was the thousands of times that Pam had smiled at him. It wasn’t the nights that he watched her drive home in another mans truck, or walk around every day with someone else’s ring on her finger. It was about the swaying that didn’t count, paperclip medals, fighting at a dojo and making up with French Onion chips. It was her gleeful look when Dwight discovered a prank, the way he felt when she walked into the office every morning.

It was the moments when the truth was said in silence, but neither one acknowledged it. And standing in front of the office where it all started, Jim knew that this couldn’t be another one of those moments. For once in their friendship, he needed to be honest. Gathering his courage, from every smile, and every shared laughed, Jim looked right at Pam and spoke the five words he’d wanted to say for just as many years.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks to the people who've been reviewing, I'm always open to your constructive compliments:)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans