- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Minor spoilers for season six.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Jim Halpert sits down in the uncomfortable hospital chair next to his wife and shifts around his newborn daughter, Sophia. Pam is sleeping, exhausted after a twenty-nine hour labor and Jim doesn’t want to wake her.

“Hi, Sophia,” Jim whispers. The baby just lets out a little grunt. Her eyes are open, but Jim knows she can’t focus on him yet.

“I know you’ve had a big day today, but I really want to talk to you. Mommy doesn’t know that I’m going to let you help me play pranks against Uncle Dwight very soon, so don’t tell her. You got me?”

Sophia doesn’t answer as expected and Jim continues. “Mommy and Daddy’s co-workers are very crazy, but they all love you. In fact, Uncle Michael closed down the entire office yesterday so everybody could watch you be born. They all stayed here too, even though they were tired. If Mommy and Daddy can’t be there for you, I want to go to them. Except for Uncle Michael. He’s not all that great with advice.”

“What are you telling our daughter?” a sleepy Pam mumbles. She’s going back to sleep in a few minutes, but hearing Jim talk to Sophia is adorable.

“Nothing, Pam. Go back to sleep. You’re going to need some before you and Sophia leave the hospital.” Jim’s worried about his wife, but he knows she’s okay.

“ ‘Kay. Continue being sappy to Sophia.” Pam smiles before closing her eyes and falling back asleep.

“Mommy’s onto me, Soph. But that’s okay. I don’t mind so much. She gave me you, after all. I will forever be grateful to her for that.” Jim is tired himself, but he doesn’t want to give the baby up just yet.

“Mr. Halpert, are you ready to put Sophia to bed?” a nurse asks, coming into Pam’s room. She’s whispering so she doesn’t wake the new mother up.

“Can you give me a minute?” Jim questions. He just wants to spend a few more minutes with his daughter. He doesn’t want to let her go, actually.

“Of crouse you can, Mr. Halpert.” The nurse briefly steps out of the room to let Jim have some more private time with his daughter.

“I love you, Sophia Alexis Halpert. Don’t you ever doubt that, Baby Girl.” Jim kisses his daughter and hands her back to the nurse as she re-enters the room.

Today is one of the best days of Jim Halpert’s life and he can’t wait to bring Sophia home.

Jim, Pam, and Sophia are a family now, and they won’t ever forget that.


Klutzygirl is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked First Talk With Daddy also liked 1089 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans