- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Um...more smut...a teeny bit of angst...some spoilers for the Dundies...
Author's Chapter Notes:
I just like putting Jim in slightly different situations...I also like him drunk :)

Un-beta'd so I'm so sorry for any mistakes, if you feel like it please let me know where they are and I'll fix them asap!
SECOND DRINKS

In his defence he'd really just planned on having dinner, listening to the embarassing show, and leaving. Watching his boss humiliate himself in front of people outside the office had never been his favourite pasttime, the woman he loved was sitting with her fiance, and Mark was recording the game for him. So what happened was not exactly something he had planned.

And it also hadn't been his idea. When you really thought about it Ryan was entirely to blame.

Upon hearing that people were having to pay for their own drinks, Roy and Darryl had done exactly what he'd expected them to do. Leave to drink elsewhere. After all, why put up with a loud obnoxious boss outside of work when it wasn't even free? He'd felt his stomach sink a little when Roy and Darryl had discussed it and begun leaving without even asking Pam. It sank further as she followed them out the door with an apologetic mumble to Michael, and a quick glance at him.

As much as he loved spending time with her outside work his disappointment was lessened...at least this way he didn't have to spend the whole night wishing he could laugh and joke with her while she sat with Roy.

His disappointment was still there though, and must have been written fairly clearly on his face. Ryan glanced at him, “You gonna stay?” He looked up and shrugged, “Yep, gotta eat somewhere.”

As Michael commenced his rendition of Lose Yourself, of which Jim proudly noticed he got at least 60% of the words right, Ryan seemed to come to a decision about him. “So...shots?”

Jim glanced up at the only other male in the office close to his age and saw a quirked eyebrow and the tiniest hint of a smirk. He slowly grinned. “Yeah man, let's go.”

By the time Pam had returned, cheeks flushed from being outside, he and Ryan had done only three jager bombs each. He was feeling slightly buzzed, just buzzed enough to enjoy the way she laughed a little too loudly at Michael's jokes. Buzzed enough that another shot and a margarita of his own seemed like the best idea in the world.

He noticed Ryan had moved over to Kelly's table and was whispering something in her ear, his own empty glass a testiment to the fact that males other than himself had decided to indulge in the joys of liquid courage. He didn't mind losing his original drinking buddy, his replacement was more than adequate.

They'd both started clapping and cheering when Michael's excitement was briefly quashed by the offensive onlooker's. He'd been pleased when the others from the office had joined in, glad that the opinion “we can tease our family but you can't” was shared. People had relaxed, people were tipsy and comfortable, smiling as Stanley received his award.

Jim had always known Pam was a lightweight, and had laughed as she giggled about second drinks. Now feeling more drunk than tipsy he couldn't help as his eyes wandered over her bright eyes and wide smile, allowing them to trail down her work blouse, lingering over her chest. Her breasts strained against the normally slack material, the outline of her bra showing as she leant back to laugh.

His good move was quashed immediately when Michael announced that it was time for Pam's award, eyes going wide as he panicked at the thought of their laughing drunkness being sobered by an award he knew would just hurt her. So when Michael announced her Whitest Sneakers award he felt like his face would split in two with his smile. Leave it to Michael to come through when you thought he'd fail miserably. He laughed out loud as she skipped up to where Michael stood, grabbing the microphone out of his hand.

“I have so many people to thank for this award!” He stared at her, grinning as she rambled about her Ked's and God and thanking Michael. He stood as she skipped back, ready to give her back the chair he had briefly moved to for a better view, only to find himself shocked as she planted a kiss right on his mouth.

It was quick. It was chaste.

It blew his mind.

And suddenly, aware that Michael had started talking again and people's attention was back on their boss, he allowed himself to wrap his arms around her waist to kiss her back. It was just as quick as hers, but they both pulled back, laughter and confusion in their mirrored expressions. He made up his mind quickly, aware that if he was sober he'd never have the guts for this. He grabbed her hand and tugged her towards the passageway leading to the bathroom, pulling her into an alcove and pausing. Her eyes were glazed with alcohol and he was fairly sure he was seeing double, trying to focus on her face.

Her face was flushed, her eyes wide but hopeful, and he knew he wouldn't have a chance like this again. He pulled her into his arms and kissed her again. This time it was anything but chaste, anything but innocent. He poured his everything in this kiss, arms wrapped gently around her, attempting to convey years of passion, desire, longing and love into one kiss. When he pulled back her eyes were huge, staring at him, lips still parted, breath coming heavily as he waited.

He wasn't disappointed. Seemingly making a decision as quickly as he had, she pulled him towards the ladies room and locked the door. He waited, unsure of what to do, until she was kissing him again, pulling him towards her, up on tiptoes to make up for his height.

He got over his shock quickly, returning her awkward, drunken kiss with as much fervour as he had in him, pulling her closer and turning her so that her back was pressed againt the bathroom door. The space was small, cramped, but her moan of pleasure as he lifted her up, the quick movements of her legs wrapping around his waist, meant he didn't notice anything but her.

He skimmed one hand over her blouse, her gasp of pleasure as he grazed her nipple echoing in his ears. Her skirt had become bunched up around her waist, and as she passionately returned his kisses he allowed his free hand to run along her thighs. She paused briefly, pulling back to look him in the eye, before crashing her mouth back against his own.

Acknowledging her permission he used his free hand to move under her skirt and rip away her underwear. He felt her tighten one arm around his shoulders, the other travelling downwards to unzip his pants and pull him from his boxers. Now it was his turn to pause, as he positioned himself at her opening, his eyes wide with shock and longing and desperation. She nodded.

He plunged inside her, loving her gasp of surprise, feeling her free hand press against his chest to still his movements for a second. He allowed her to relax, taking in the feel of her around him, her legs anchored behind his back, her head thrown back and her eyes closed. Her face was a mix of pleasure and concentration. He brought up a hand to brush the hair away from her eyes, which opened suddenly. She smiled at him.

He started moving, knowing from her pants and moans that this wouldn't be long, feeling the rising and tightening in his own stomach. He reached a hand down to find the tiny bundle of nerves, loving the feel of her gasping against his neck. A gutteral moan filled the room and it took him a second to realize it was coming from him.

As her breath quickened and her inner muscles clenched he prayed for restraint, thinking of anything he could. Baseball, sandwiches, Dwight naked. The last one helped but as she began moaning louder, head thrashing, inner muscles strangling him, he knew he was gone. As her climax came full force he finally allowed himself to let go, his own breathing and groan of pleasure sounding foreign to his ears. As she shuddered around him, and he exploded inside he, one thought was echoing around his mind: “I love you.”

As she pulled her head back from his shoulder, slowly coming down from her climax, her eyes widened. He realized he'd said it out loud. Suddenly the reality of their situation, previously blocked by alcohol and desire, came crashing aorund them.

The sounds of terrible singing filled the room, and he became aware of the cramped space. Any previous feelings of inebriation leaving entirely, and he felt himself sober up.

He was inside Pam. He felt their mixed spendings seeping down her thigh. Her eyes were still wide with the shock of what had happened and what he said. He slowly set her down on the floor, feeling her body shuddering and shaking, her eyes now downcast as the sobs came. He tried to think of something, anything, that he could say, and came up blank.

She straightened her skirt and bolted out of the bathroom door.

He felt his world go with her. In all his fantasies of being with Pam, of all the times he imagined their first moment of intimacy, fucking her while she was still engaged up against the door of a Chili's bathroom during the Dundies had never entered his thoughts. And then, on top of everything, he'd told her that.

He'd slipped out five minutes after she had, hailing a cab that was flying past, not seeing her anywhere in the parking lot. He didn't notice Ryan's smirk as he left, didn't notice the satisfaction in the younger man's eyes.

He'd fucked up. He'd fucked everything up. How the hell was he supposed to face her? She'd hate him, think he'd taken advantage. And even though he'd been just as drunk he felt the same way. He shouldn't have been so stupid.

He called her five times that weekend, not getting an answer at all. He would never admit it, but after the third ignored phone call, after the third lack of voice message, he'd allowed himself a single tear. An entire friendship ruined, because he couldn't just accept what she could give. Because he'd been so desperate for her. He'd never hated himself more than at that moment.

Sunday passed too quickly, and Sunday night brought dreams of green eyes and curly hair.

Monday arrived and he cursed its existence, contemplating not going in at all. But he couldn't do that...calling in sick would mean he'd have to speak to her.

As he exited the elevator and entered the office he felt his fear more strongly than ever. His legs felt like lead. He hung up his coat without looking at her, before finally turning and meeting her eyes.

He found no anger, no condemnation. He just found exhausted eyes and a tired smile. He was speechless for a moment before he saw he left hand nudge the jellybeans towards him. The movement was deliberate.

And suddenly he felt lighter. He felt hope and joy and elation. He felt the weight of the weekend lift itself. He met her eyes and finally smiled the biggest, truest smile of his entire life. A smile that was met by her own tired and shy but extremely happy one.

Because there, on the fourth finger of her left hand, where there had previously been a thin band of gold and a tiny diamond, was just a sliver of pale, empty skin.

He made a note to send Ryan a thank you card.

THE END
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are pretty much the only way that I learn if I'm going ok...they also make me warm in my belly.


vicodinfm is the author of 7 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 17 members. Members who liked Second Drinks also liked 2185 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans