- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Don't own aaaaaaaaanything.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Title from Jo Dee Messina. Don't own the song, the rights, the show, the characters. Nada. Just this computer. 'Kay? 'Kay.

If Pamela Beesly-Haplert had wanted to be unhappy and virtually alone, she'd have married Roy Anderson. How does one go about getting her maiden name back?

Or maybe she should just keep it. What if he changes his mind? What message does it send to Annie if Mommy doesn't have the same name?

Annie looks so much like Jim, which is almost unfortunate, but at least those goofy big ears are cute on her right now. Maybe she'll grow into them.

Pam stood up from her stool at the kitchen's island and, still in a bit of a haze, decided to finish up the laundry. He'd promised to come get the rest of it tonight and try to talk to Anne.

That was what bothered her the most. She knew exactly what he'd tell her, and how he'd hug her and wipe her tears after she cried after realizing he wouldn't be there to tuck her in and read the extra-long stories every other night. And then, she knew, she just fucking knew he'd pick up his bag with the rest of his clothes that she washed and dried and packed for him, because that's what you do for people you love, you help them. And he would walk out the door, stopping only to stare sadly back at her holding their daughter. But he'd leave anyway.

She knew the what...the thing that evaded her still? That would be the how.

This isn't how she'd expected things to go. She felt it sometimes with Roy, like maybe one day he'd realize who she was and just leave, but that thought was always followed with "so I wouldn't have to."

Jim Halpert? He was supposed to be her win. Her rock. He was supposed to be her husband. Jim Halpert told her once that he was not the leaving kind, and she believed him.

She could've fought him more when he told her this morning. She should've cried, begged, collapsed, anything more than sitting there in a stunned stupor. Were there signs? Did she miss the memo? What exit did he take a detour on? She'd sure as hell like to know.

Jim Halpert was not supposed to leave her. Men like James Halpert aren't supposed to leave their wives and not know why.

Chapter End Notes:
Weeeee'll see. Whatchu think?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans