- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I do not own The Office, the characters, etc.
Finally, the end of the day was nearing.

All day, I had to hear Ryan’s “Hey Pammy. Love you babe” every time he saw me. I despised when he called me Pammy, it made me feel like a child. Worse than that, I had to suffer through his incessant kissing. Luckily nothing was ever more than a peck, but it felt like I was kissing a relative. I didn’t even bother to kiss back.

Jim tried to save me as much as possible, without becoming suspicious. Unfortunately, he could only stand at my desk for so long without risking being yelled at for not working. Ryan took every opportunity to visit me once Jim went back to his desk. And after every kiss I endured, I would look over to see Jim looking at me apologetically. I think he even mouthed I’m Sorry once,
not that it was his fault.

After possibly the longest work day since I had started at Dunder Mifflin, it was time to get off. Ryan offered to drive me home, but I made some excuse about not feeling well. Once he was safely gone, I met Jim in the
parking lot.

“Finally, this has been the longest day of my life,”

“I’m so sorry, Pam. You did look pretty tormented by those kisses. Ryan should work for the government as a type of torture device. “

I laughed. “Oh, goodness, we would win any argument.” Jim always knew how to make me laugh when I was feeling down.

“So, you ready to figure this thing out?”

I practically screamed, “Yes.”
***

Madame Sage, the neon sign said. The place had an eerie vibe to it.

“You sure this isn’t like one of those phone psychics, right?”

“Yes, I am sure. I got the number from Kelly. She says Madame Sage is great at reading auras.”

“You do know Kelly is one of the most gullible people ever, correct? Only second to maybe Kevin or Michael.”

“I’m willing to try anything right about now,” I confessed.

He gave me a comforting look and we walked inside.

“Ah, I’ve been expecting you, Pamela” an old lady said.

“You have? Wait, how do you know my name?”

“I knew you would be coming. You have a problem for me to solve.”

“Well that’s kind of vague..” Jim muttered under his breath.

“Shh,” I whispered.

“I am Madame Sage, please come in” she said as she led us to a dark room in the back with a table and chairs set up. I was getting a little freaked out.

“So why have you come to me today, child?”

“Well, I know this might sound a little weird..”

“Trust me, I have heard weirder things in my lifetime.”

“Okay, so I think I am in a dream.” More like a nightmare.

“Do tell,”

“I went to work as usual, to find out that I am engaged to this man I don’t even like, Ryan. Not the man I know I’m engaged to, Roy.”

Madame Sage turned to Jim.

“So, Roy, do you believe her, that she is dreaming?”

“Oh no, no, I’m not Roy. I’m Jim, the friend that believes her.” He quickly said.

“My apologies, Jim. Continue, Pam”

“I was just wondering if you knew a way to wake me up,”

“Yeah, because I’ve already tried pinching her. Just hurts my fingers,” Jim joked.

I held back a smile, but a little of it escaped.

“Well, what I know about dreams is that they are very meaningful things,” She thought for a second.

“Dreams are the answers to questions that we haven't yet figured out how to ask.”

“I’m sorry, that doesn’t make any sense to me. And how do I wake up?”

You must realize what’s in your heart, or from this dream you cannot part.” She whispered.

“You have to figure out what it is you are to discover from this before you can awaken.”

“I don’t understand, Madame Sage. What am I supposed to figure out?”

“I do not know, dear. That is for your heart to find. I can just barely see a man, a man who has loved you for years. A man who wants nothing more than to spend the rest of his life with you.”

“Roy? My fiancée, Roy, it has to be. He says we broke up years ago, but he must still love me.”

“I’m sorry I could not be of more help. Good luck.”

“Thank you, Madame Sage.”

With that, Jim and I stood up and started to walk towards the door.

“I need to talk to Roy, to hear that he loves me. That should snap me out of this.”

“What are you gonna do until then, Pam?”

“Endure. That’s all I can do.”
Chapter End Notes:
let me know what you think please (:

in the process of writing the next chapter.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans